2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Review: Excellent choice for compact S

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Review

Excellent choice for compact SUV
By xeuropn on

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife always wanted the VW Toureg, but could never afford one. After watching the development of the Tiguan since 2006, we decide to check one out this past summer. My wife had to have a manual, so we went for the Tiguan. With the 2.0 L Turbo and matching 6-speed, she has not been disappointed. All of the other competitive models (Tucson/ Sportage/ RAV4 and CR-V)seem bland and common compared to the VW. The extra details Auf Deutsch just seem to put it on a different level. This is our first German auto while living here in the US, so hopefully we will have a long a lasting relationship with it. We keep cars for a very long time, so this should be a good test of VW's durability.

Favorite Features

Since we have the S Model, there aren't a lot of whistles and bells. My wife is still getting used to all of the power controls. The 2.0L Turbo just leaves everyone at the light. She absolutely loves that. Interior lighting is really nice. Flexibility of the rear seats works well for us, too.

Suggested Improvements

We already have our first "ding" above the right rear fender. I am anticipating more in the future. I wish they could have had some sort of rub rail along the sides, but maybe that wouldn't help.