Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

Just what I needed
By Crasher

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I needed an SUV to haul dogs, get mileage, have clearance to get in my driveway and fit me (6-1, 280 lbs). Leased this on the "sign and drive" program and have no worries, low cost for the length of my lease except gas. Once you figure out how to manipulate the seats, you can pack a ton of crap in this thing. Very easy to drive, nice styling, stops on a dime and has good passing power. Only complaint is a bit too much road noise. I figured since I had the S that the loaded out models may have better sound deadening. Good little SUV.

Get up/ stopping Cost/ ease of operation

Road noise Radio is average

It IS fun to drive!
By KPW

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Never thought I'd be writing a review about a car and writing that it's fun to drive but it IS! I used to drive a Ford Explorer. Of course it was bigger and had more room but it also took a heck of a lot more gas. I was pleased with the gas mileage for an AWD on this car-I go double the miles that I used to with the Explorer. It's got about 5k miles so far and has been through everything New England could throw at it already since February (snow, ice, flood, heat waves, etc). AWD worked excellent. I was concerned about this after driving such a big SUV for so long. This site helped me a lot.

cuteness factor is huge compared to others in it's class (RAV 4, CR-V=boring)

non lint catching seat cloth...

Loving it
By Jedimed

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had to trade in my Audi A4 for something a bit more family-friendly, but that wasn't a boat. The Tiguan fit the bill nicely, with just enough room to get the kids in without adding too much mass. The handling and acceleration are better than most of its class, certainly much better than the CR-V. The Audi Q5 definitely outpaces the Tiguan, but it comes with a much higher price. If you're looking for a sporty SUV ride that gives you a bit more room and ground clearance, this is a good choice. If you want something to haul a lot of cargo, though, you may be disappointed.

Handling, fun to drive, features/build quality for the price

More leather options, option for a more powerful engine

Love It
By chris

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Tiguan for 4 months now and I LOVE it. I find something new to like almost every day. The pickup and handling are wonderful. Not a single problem so far. The sunroof is awesome! The seats are really firm and comfortable. I get much better gas mileage than advertised, I've been averaging 28 MPG.

Pickup, gas mileage, comfort, styling, build quality, tight fit. Great sound system and built-in NAV. Sunroof rocks.

Larger cargo area.

Tiquan driver
By Reggie

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this SUV in may, right away I liked it. The only thing I can say is I agree with all other reviews as far as gas mileage. But only one other driver mentioned the radio which sounds like its playing through a tunnel lousy quality. I think the is to much road noise also. The brakes are great and the handling I love.

Radio and road noise and gas mileage