Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

Love It
By chris

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Tiguan for 4 months now and I LOVE it. I find something new to like almost every day. The pickup and handling are wonderful. Not a single problem so far. The sunroof is awesome! The seats are really firm and comfortable. I get much better gas mileage than advertised, I've been averaging 28 MPG.

Favorite Features

Pickup, gas mileage, comfort, styling, build quality, tight fit. Great sound system and built-in NAV. Sunroof rocks.

Suggested Improvements

Larger cargo area.

Tiquan driver
By Reggie

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this SUV in may, right away I liked it. The only thing I can say is I agree with all other reviews as far as gas mileage. But only one other driver mentioned the radio which sounds like its playing through a tunnel lousy quality. I think the is to much road noise also. The brakes are great and the handling I love.

Suggested Improvements

Radio and road noise and gas mileage

2010
By Brian M

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

At first skeptical, but after a few weeks I realized this is a great car that really fits my needs. The legroom all around is great. Truly a 4 passenger car, not 5. Unbelievably, fun to drive. Cabin is very quiet and when that passing power is needed , it really delivers. After the initial break in period, of 1000 miles, the car seemed to get even better. When compared to other small SUVs, I step on the gas and the Tiguan Wolfsburg really moves, not just engine noise.

Favorite Features

Besides the great acceleration, The Panaoramis Sun/Moon Roof. No matter where you sit in the car, it is a claustrophobic person's ultimate dream car

450 miles and stuck in garage
By Gail

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the car less than two weeks ago. Memorial Weekend - I got stuck in a parking lot with a parking brake malfunction. Can't see service for two day? I miss my 13 year old Toyota which had no mechanical problems.

Favorite Features

I love the style and it is peppy. Very disappointed there is a problem with owning it less than two weeks.

Suggested Improvements

Regular Gas option. No parking brake malfunction. Also regular brakes don't always react right away.

Das Auto ist Wunderbar
By Pakrat

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This our first VW and we love it.The fit and finish is exceptional and interior feels so solid.The 2.0 turbo engine is fun to drive even with a little bit of turbo lag. Love the big sunroof and touch screen center radio. My wife wants to buy a matching Tiguan!

Favorite Features

handling and tiptronic transmission. Also superior interior comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Power amplifier for audio system.