2010 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
My Zen Mobile
By cookie on 12/19/09 19:33 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just love it. The day I picked it up was in a rain rain storm and next time a snow storm. Handled amazing. After many different vehicles...I have found Kansas! I love my Zen Mobile.

Excellent choice for compact SUV
By xeuropn on 11/24/09 16:26 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife always wanted the VW Toureg, but could never afford one. After watching the development of the Tiguan since 2006, we decide to check one out this past summer. My wife had to have a manual, so we went for the Tiguan. With the 2.0 L Turbo and matching 6-speed, she has not been disappointed. All of the other competitive models (Tucson/ Sportage/ RAV4 and CR-V)seem bland and common compared to the VW. The extra details Auf Deutsch just seem to put it on a different level. This is our first German auto while living here in the US, so hopefully we will have a long a lasting relationship with it. We keep cars for a very long time, so this should be a good test of VW's durability.

Safe little AWD
By VWforever on 11/12/09 09:46 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Very nice! Perfect size, everything is laid out to make it very user friendly. Seats are perfect if you not very tall. Most SUV's the seats were too long for me. This is also the only SUV we drove under $34,000 that has more than up and back adjustments for the passenger. Even though they are manual you still can adjust lumbar, height and up and back. The 2010 also has an awesome stereo that appears like a navigation screen, along with standard bluetooth that works great. Another wonderful feature is the panoramic sunroof..(like no other)

Great Small SUV, But you Pay for It!
By RayBoyG on 11/03/09 13:59 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have only had our Tiguan a few weeks. My wife and I both love driving it. It has a high seating position, lots of headroom, and the full-length sunroof really makes it feel open. Acceleration with the turbo 4 is impressive. I found lots of small but pleasing features as I read through the owner's manual....rear seats adjust back and forth, front passenger seat will fold flat for long cargo, both front doors hold a quart bottle, etc. Lots of nice little features. Gas mileage could be better for a small 4-cyl. but it has more than enough pep. It is usually in front wheel drive....4WD only comes on with slippage...you can't manually turn it on. High end satellite radio is great.

What a beautiful car this is
By José Martínez on 10/31/09 22:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Our 4th VW and 1st SUV. We've owned 2 Jettas before; we currently own a '08 R32 alsol. This car drives quite well compared to any American rental you throw at it, SUV or not. Steering and cornering are surprisingly well- mannered. However, despite VWoA's claims to the contrary, it is no big GTI: the car's weight, geometry, and suspension setup are obvious; and the Tiptronic transmission feels a bit lazy compared to the razor-sharp DSG. But we have the R32 for that. This is the family car. Drop-dead gorgeous; it carries us and the kids very comfortably; and it has loads of features. Safety is top-notch; and 4Motion makes a huge difference in snow. And it's a VW, so it feels like home to us.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan in VA is:

$131 per month*