Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

Great, but what's with the gas mileage?
By Funkyzeit

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this car. Handles well, fun to drive, easy to park (especially with rear view camera). But the fuel economy is atrocious. How can such a small car, with a 4 cyl engine only get 24 MPG highway? And want premium fuel? An Audi A8, with a 372 hp V-8 gets 27 MPG highway! In Germany the Tiguan is sold with a choice of 5 engines, of course only the least efficient engine is offered in the US. If VW put a TDI in the Tiguan, they would have the most fuel- efficient cross-over sold in the US, getting probably 40 MPG highway.

Handling, nav-system (with sat-radio and rear-view camera), moon-roof, sliding rear seats.

Offer some of the more fuel efficient engines offered in other countries

My Lemon
By J. Petrus

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We purchased this car thinking German engineering is built strong and tuff. One week from owning the car the breaks start to squeek loud( high pitch sound).I took it to the Van nuys dealer and they said it is break dust and it will go away.We had a crv before that and never had a problem, Regretably, we are looking to trade this car with eithier another crv,rav4 or cx7. I guess the German cars are not so strong after all.

Heavy on the road.

None

Delightful
By cloud

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased the Tiguan rather than a Toyota Venza for ground clearance, handling, all weather reliability and two large dogs. We like clean sharp design and this vehicle meets all of our needs ably - enjoying the car.

handling, seating,

Gas Mileage...what's wrong with the auto manufacturers?!

Almost perfect
By Tim

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first VW after owning over 25 new cars. Like quality of body build, feels solid. Interior is like Audi quality without the price. Seating is excellent as well as visibility. I am getting consistent 25 mpg combo hwy/city taking it easy with 6K miles to date. Only complaint is brake squeal when backing up after car sits a couple of hours. VW can't or won't resolve and it appears this is common with the brand. Talked with dealership and customer care -say brakes are to specifications so have a nice day. I told them how come I never had this problem with any other vehicles in the past. They say because you never owned a VW before. They make a nice product except for this issue.

DSG transmission, seat comfort and visibility, mpg

Fix the brakes and improve your customer relations or you plan to be globally number one won't happen.

Pleasantly Surprised!
By Riteon

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I religiously research cars so I cross shopped the Audi Q5, VW CC, etc. and was sold on the CC. I never considered to research the Tiguan because I just thought it was too small. I was there to get the CC when I saw this White Gold SEL fully loaded. Took it for a spin and was sold. Bought it right there. Had it for a few days now and still finding things I love about it. I put the car in reverse and was surprised to see the backup camera. I didn't even know it was there till after I bought it. The ride is so smooth and responsive. The interior on the SEL is outstanding. It's nicer than the Audi Q5. I highly recommend this car.

Design w/ 18" wheels, interior w/ touch screen navigation. Fit & Finish! The technology with bluetooth and iPod are top notch. Dynaudio is amazing and the panoramic roof is amazing! the kids love it!

Already fixed in 2011 but the steering wheel in the 2010 is the old style. The climate controls match the new GTI and CC design. So it's a little mismatched with the old steering wheel. Still same function though with the controls on steering wheel.