Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

Delightful
By cloud

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased the Tiguan rather than a Toyota Venza for ground clearance, handling, all weather reliability and two large dogs. We like clean sharp design and this vehicle meets all of our needs ably - enjoying the car.

handling, seating,

Gas Mileage...what's wrong with the auto manufacturers?!

Almost perfect
By Tim

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first VW after owning over 25 new cars. Like quality of body build, feels solid. Interior is like Audi quality without the price. Seating is excellent as well as visibility. I am getting consistent 25 mpg combo hwy/city taking it easy with 6K miles to date. Only complaint is brake squeal when backing up after car sits a couple of hours. VW can't or won't resolve and it appears this is common with the brand. Talked with dealership and customer care -say brakes are to specifications so have a nice day. I told them how come I never had this problem with any other vehicles in the past. They say because you never owned a VW before. They make a nice product except for this issue.

DSG transmission, seat comfort and visibility, mpg

Fix the brakes and improve your customer relations or you plan to be globally number one won't happen.

Pleasantly Surprised!
By Riteon

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I religiously research cars so I cross shopped the Audi Q5, VW CC, etc. and was sold on the CC. I never considered to research the Tiguan because I just thought it was too small. I was there to get the CC when I saw this White Gold SEL fully loaded. Took it for a spin and was sold. Bought it right there. Had it for a few days now and still finding things I love about it. I put the car in reverse and was surprised to see the backup camera. I didn't even know it was there till after I bought it. The ride is so smooth and responsive. The interior on the SEL is outstanding. It's nicer than the Audi Q5. I highly recommend this car.

Design w/ 18" wheels, interior w/ touch screen navigation. Fit & Finish! The technology with bluetooth and iPod are top notch. Dynaudio is amazing and the panoramic roof is amazing! the kids love it!

Already fixed in 2011 but the steering wheel in the 2010 is the old style. The climate controls match the new GTI and CC design. So it's a little mismatched with the old steering wheel. Still same function though with the controls on steering wheel.

Great car unless you use reverse
By sanfrandan

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really like this car with one HUGE exception-every time I back up my brakes screech. It is not a small squeak but a loud, embarrassing screech. When running errands I have to purposely look for parking spots where I will not have to reverse. Really inconvenient. The dealer says it is normal which I find unacceptable. I see on other forums other VW users are experiencing the same issue. This will be my last VW and I cannot wait to unload this one when I can.

Brakes, brakes, brakes

An excellent option
By VW Fan

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just get my Tiguan 2 months ago, 2nd VW, my previous was a Passat 2007 with any complains about it, so after the lease end I decide to change it for a Tiguan 4 motion, the safety sensation in the rain and cornering is amazing. The interior details shows great quality. Dynaudio system awesome; and Xenon lights and memory seat as great thing as well.

engine 2.0T a proved good thing; nice acceleration and power; Dynaudio sound; Xenon Lights, wheels 18in; memory seats; auto dimming rear mirror and rain sense wipers.

better fuel economy; power lift rear gate