Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

First VW may be my Last
By tg3

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned a chevy and honda previously, went with the Tiguan b/c the manual trans and looks... have had the car just over a year and it's been in the dealer for fixes 3 times (my chevy and honda needed nothing but routine maintenance). People warned me with buying a VW, but I was like 'how can it be so bad if so many people have them?'. Well sadly I am finding out. I love the car but never imagined having probs with a car that's only a year old. How can VW shoot for achieving #1 car sales if they make junk? Well, this is definitely my last VW, thinking of trading it for a Rav4 before I have to start paying for the repairs. Sorry to say, I did have hopes of 6 years with this car.

Style, performance.

The heat/ac vents stink, the little circle design looks cool but is not good functionally (esp on a hot day, ac only hits your face and up).

A Great Choice
By rchanatry

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my 2010 Tiguan SEL4Motion for a year and have driven it through a heavy north east winter.
FANTASTIC in all snow conditions with standard Pirreli all seasons.
The engine and transmission are flawless.
Transmission as smooth as my BMW X3.
So many high end features..xenon adaptive headlights w/ turn spot light, electric folding heated mirrors, touchscreen navigation, heated washer nozzles...amazing amenities. My only complaints:
2 minor rattles (seat belt, and ac vent) and Touch screen nav/radio unit freezes after phone call occasionally. (Turn off car, open door, restart fixes it.)

Transmission, acceleration, traction, touch screen navigation and radio easy to use. iPod integration, headlights, MFI display in center of dash. So fun to drive! Really comfortable rear seat.

I would scale down the center hub where the radio sits. Purely a design preference.

Great until it gets cold outside! DO NOT BUY
By tiguanowner4

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My power sterring does not work. Thankfully this has not happened as I drive down the highway.
However I am left to cross my fingers and pray my car will work when I get in it.
I have had my 2010 Tiguan in the shop 5 times in the past 4 months.
It always happens when it is cold outside.
Perhaps they should not be selling these in Alberta then!!!
My mom is also experiencing the same problem on the same day with her 2010 Tiguan!
She has also had her Tiguan in the shop for the same amount of times...big surprise.
It happens when the weather is colder than -25 which happens a lot here.
Canadian buyers BEWARE:(

Learn to SERVICE the vehicles you sell!

2011 Tiguan 2.0L turbo rattles!!!
By howieb38

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this 2011 Tiguan because I also bought a 2010 VW Passat wagon. Unfortunately the Tiguan has an annoying rattle in the engine when ever I accelerate from a stop and cuts out at about 3000 RPM. I've had it to two dealers and they claim it's normal for the engine?? When I explain that I also own a 2010 Passat with the exact same engine and there's no rattle sound, they say "That is normal for this car".

I can't believe that VW won't acknowledge that there's a problem. I would return it and buy another brand if I could, but after going back and forth with VW for three months, I'm stuck with this lemon. It's a $40,000 mistake. It's also the last VW I'll ever buy.

Other then the rattle, it's a pretty good car.

Find a solution to the engine rattle. This is not rocket science. I just think that VW is not addressing it because only some of the 2.0L turbos have the problem according to the VW Owner's web site.

Love my Tiguan
178,150 of 178,150 people found this review helpful
By John

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the third VW I've owned and I love it even more than the others. Nice, clean styling combined with easy to use controls and great performance around town, make the Tiguan a fantastic vehicle to drive.

Panoramic roof, controls, and ease of handling.

Power lift gate