Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

2011 Tiguan 2.0L turbo rattles!!!
By howieb38

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this 2011 Tiguan because I also bought a 2010 VW Passat wagon. Unfortunately the Tiguan has an annoying rattle in the engine when ever I accelerate from a stop and cuts out at about 3000 RPM. I've had it to two dealers and they claim it's normal for the engine?? When I explain that I also own a 2010 Passat with the exact same engine and there's no rattle sound, they say "That is normal for this car". I can't believe that VW won't acknowledge that there's a problem. I would return it and buy another brand if I could, but after going back and forth with VW for three months, I'm stuck with this lemon. It's a $40,000 mistake. It's also the last VW I'll ever buy.

Favorite Features

Other then the rattle, it's a pretty good car.

Suggested Improvements

Find a solution to the engine rattle. This is not rocket science. I just think that VW is not addressing it because only some of the 2.0L turbos have the problem according to the VW Owner's web site.

Love my Tiguan
79,822 of 79,822 people found this review helpful
By John

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the third VW I've owned and I love it even more than the others. Nice, clean styling combined with easy to use controls and great performance around town, make the Tiguan a fantastic vehicle to drive.

Favorite Features

Panoramic roof, controls, and ease of handling.

Suggested Improvements

Power lift gate

Great, but what's with the gas mileage?
By Funkyzeit

Love this car. Handles well, fun to drive, easy to park (especially with rear view camera). But the fuel economy is atrocious. How can such a small car, with a 4 cyl engine only get 24 MPG highway? And want premium fuel? An Audi A8, with a 372 hp V-8 gets 27 MPG highway! In Germany the Tiguan is sold with a choice of 5 engines, of course only the least efficient engine is offered in the US. If VW put a TDI in the Tiguan, they would have the most fuel- efficient cross-over sold in the US, getting probably 40 MPG highway.

Favorite Features

Handling, nav-system (with sat-radio and rear-view camera), moon-roof, sliding rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Offer some of the more fuel efficient engines offered in other countries

My Lemon
By J. Petrus

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We purchased this car thinking German engineering is built strong and tuff. One week from owning the car the breaks start to squeek loud( high pitch sound).I took it to the Van nuys dealer and they said it is break dust and it will go away.We had a crv before that and never had a problem, Regretably, we are looking to trade this car with eithier another crv,rav4 or cx7. I guess the German cars are not so strong after all.

Favorite Features

Heavy on the road.

Suggested Improvements

None

Delightful
By cloud

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased the Tiguan rather than a Toyota Venza for ground clearance, handling, all weather reliability and two large dogs. We like clean sharp design and this vehicle meets all of our needs ably - enjoying the car.

Favorite Features

handling, seating,

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage...what's wrong with the auto manufacturers?!