2010 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
Pleasantly Surprised!
By Riteon on 08/30/10 00:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I religiously research cars so I cross shopped the Audi Q5, VW CC, etc. and was sold on the CC. I never considered to research the Tiguan because I just thought it was too small. I was there to get the CC when I saw this White Gold SEL fully loaded. Took it for a spin and was sold. Bought it right there. Had it for a few days now and still finding things I love about it. I put the car in reverse and was surprised to see the backup camera. I didn't even know it was there till after I bought it. The ride is so smooth and responsive. The interior on the SEL is outstanding. It's nicer than the Audi Q5. I highly recommend this car.

Great car unless you use reverse
By sanfrandan on 08/24/10 11:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really like this car with one HUGE exception-every time I back up my brakes screech. It is not a small squeak but a loud, embarrassing screech. When running errands I have to purposely look for parking spots where I will not have to reverse. Really inconvenient. The dealer says it is normal which I find unacceptable. I see on other forums other VW users are experiencing the same issue. This will be my last VW and I cannot wait to unload this one when I can.

An excellent option
By VW Fan on 08/19/10 23:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just get my Tiguan 2 months ago, 2nd VW, my previous was a Passat 2007 with any complains about it, so after the lease end I decide to change it for a Tiguan 4 motion, the safety sensation in the rain and cornering is amazing. The interior details shows great quality. Dynaudio system awesome; and Xenon lights and memory seat as great thing as well.

Disappointed
By paul m on 08/18/10 12:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

While the Tiguan looks good and is very comfortable to sit in, I do not enjoy driving it. The throttle response when first pushing on the accelerator pedal is non existent, and just never feels normal. VW service says that it is. (Issue addressed in review dated 5/5/10). And changing the vehicle's settings or convenience features always requires pulling out the three ring binder that is the owner's manual. I am disappointed that we did not buy the Honda CR-V, a much better value for the money. (Though we would then see our car everywhere). Since my wife likes to sit higher, she drives the Tiguan. I much prefer driving our 4 year old Acura TSX.

Sporty, solid, unique
By Lionel Hutz on 08/15/10 23:25 PM (PDT)

I am in love with my Tiguan. For a small SUV that competes with the CR-V and Rav4, I just cannot see buying either of those others over the Tiguan. They are just so ubiquitous. The Tiguan really stands out and is a blast to drive. It is every bit as sporty as my wife's A4. Build quality rivals cars costing twice as much. Rides and drives very well. Just so much bang for the buck here I can't possibly see why anyone buys the Q5. I also chuckle a bit when people complain about the gas mileage for a 2- ton SUV with big tires and, in some cases, AWD. If you need more than 22 mpg, go get a Prius and get laughed at.

Best small SUV
By BSLA on 08/11/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Strong daily high speed freeway cruiser not a interior noise to be heard except for Sirius, solid feel SUV

Just what I needed
By Crasher on 08/10/10 06:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I needed an SUV to haul dogs, get mileage, have clearance to get in my driveway and fit me (6-1, 280 lbs). Leased this on the "sign and drive" program and have no worries, low cost for the length of my lease except gas. Once you figure out how to manipulate the seats, you can pack a ton of crap in this thing. Very easy to drive, nice styling, stops on a dime and has good passing power. Only complaint is a bit too much road noise. I figured since I had the S that the loaded out models may have better sound deadening. Good little SUV.

It IS fun to drive!
By KPW on 07/26/10 13:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Never thought I'd be writing a review about a car and writing that it's fun to drive but it IS! I used to drive a Ford Explorer. Of course it was bigger and had more room but it also took a heck of a lot more gas. I was pleased with the gas mileage for an AWD on this car-I go double the miles that I used to with the Explorer. It's got about 5k miles so far and has been through everything New England could throw at it already since February (snow, ice, flood, heat waves, etc). AWD worked excellent. I was concerned about this after driving such a big SUV for so long. This site helped me a lot.

Loving it
By Jedimed on 07/19/10 13:24 PM (PDT)

I had to trade in my Audi A4 for something a bit more family-friendly, but that wasn't a boat. The Tiguan fit the bill nicely, with just enough room to get the kids in without adding too much mass. The handling and acceleration are better than most of its class, certainly much better than the CR-V. The Audi Q5 definitely outpaces the Tiguan, but it comes with a much higher price. If you're looking for a sporty SUV ride that gives you a bit more room and ground clearance, this is a good choice. If you want something to haul a lot of cargo, though, you may be disappointed.

Love It
By chris on 07/09/10 21:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Tiguan for 4 months now and I LOVE it. I find something new to like almost every day. The pickup and handling are wonderful. Not a single problem so far. The sunroof is awesome! The seats are really firm and comfortable. I get much better gas mileage than advertised, I've been averaging 28 MPG.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan in VA is:

$131 per month*