Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

Best small SUV
By BSLA

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Strong daily high speed freeway cruiser not a interior noise to be heard except for Sirius, solid feel SUV

Panorama Roof, Great AC, Radio, Great seats

None at this price

Fun to drive
By RedSox

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only had my Tiguan for one month, but it has been a lot of fun to drive. Gas mileage has been good at 23 mpg. Fit and finish is the best of any car I have owned.

Bluetooth, Sirius radio, fit and finish

Trunk space could be larger.

Love it!
By VW Guy

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love everything about this car except the gas mileage and the premium fuel. It handles like a dream, smooth ride, beautiful to look at, has a cabin that feels like it's from a much larger vehicle and feels like it's a BMW or Mercedes (for 1/2 the price). I'm always been a fan of VW's and this car is no exception. Loved the 94 Golf, 00 Jetta, and 03 Golf. I kept my Golf I love it so much. I expect the Tiguan to be part of the family for many years to come - unless they sell a diesel Tiguan at a reasonable price :-) I'd reccomend it and buy it again in a NY minute!

Sunroof! Beautiful design, quality interior, sliding and reclining rear seats, rear windows that go all the way down, and bluetooth. They pack it with all the goodies you want/need but not the ones you don't. (I'm talkin to you BMW w/ your $500 run flat tires)

REGULAR GAS (not premium only)! BETTER GAS MILEAGE! I'm into the environment and love the idea of clean diesel and hybrids, so my expectations may be to high, but getting 18 MPG isn't acceptable to me. I love the car and am a big guy so wanted the comfort, but 25 MPG should be the minimum expected.

My Wife's Supercool Dunebuggy
By semaj422000

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the Tig about a month ago for my wife. The only thing she knew she wanted was a SUV or a lux feeling car. I wanted good quality and a sub 30k price. The Tiguan met all of our criteria and then some. It's quite small, but we don't have kids so that wasn't a big deal. The interior aesthetic and material quality feel quite good and it comes standard w/ bluetooth and an easy to use touchscreen radio. Although more pricey than most of the comp, this feels and looks far superior inside and out. We get around 20 miles per gallon w/ mixed highway and city driving. Should be a little better IMO. Also, the partial power seat is really weird to me. It should either be full power or manual.

Looks sporty. Very lux interior for the price. The panoramic roof is incredible. Touchscreen audio display and bluetooth are the envy of all my friends.

Could use a little more interior space for taller driver/ passenger. More pep from a standstill. Better gas mileage or better acceleration. Should use regular gas. Temperature dial seems a bit cheesy when compared to the rest of the interior. Auto headlights should be standard.

Luxury, Small, Sporty, Comfortable
By Happy Tiguan Owner

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove almost every SUV in this price range. VW did not have a competitive lease program until January 2010. It's not as quiet as an Equinox, but quieter than anything else I drove. The ride is sporty, with a tight suspension, very composed. The seats and arm rests are very comfortable. There is plenty of power. The Wolfsburg trim had everything I wanted. Very classy interior. It revs at a higher rpm on the highway than the Passat which has the same engine and trans. I guess that's why it gets worse mileage. Expect around 22 overall and 28 on a trip between fill ups. The 2.0 turbo diesel would be great in this suv. Make sure it has enough room for your cargo.

Comfort, driving experience, touch screen radio, small size makes it very agile. Feels like lots of room inside for such a small car on the outside. Sport mode on transmission for zippy traffic situations or going downhill.

Fuel economy (although three years free maintenance makes up for extra fuel cost). Like other VWs it can have a hesitation from a rolling start.