2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
Best small SUV
By BSLA on 08/11/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Strong daily high speed freeway cruiser not a interior noise to be heard except for Sirius, solid feel SUV

Fun to drive
By RedSox on 05/10/10 22:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only had my Tiguan for one month, but it has been a lot of fun to drive. Gas mileage has been good at 23 mpg. Fit and finish is the best of any car I have owned.

Love it!
By VW Guy on 04/22/10 17:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love everything about this car except the gas mileage and the premium fuel. It handles like a dream, smooth ride, beautiful to look at, has a cabin that feels like it's from a much larger vehicle and feels like it's a BMW or Mercedes (for 1/2 the price). I'm always been a fan of VW's and this car is no exception. Loved the 94 Golf, 00 Jetta, and 03 Golf. I kept my Golf I love it so much. I expect the Tiguan to be part of the family for many years to come - unless they sell a diesel Tiguan at a reasonable price :-) I'd reccomend it and buy it again in a NY minute!

My Wife's Supercool Dunebuggy
By semaj422000 on 04/10/10 08:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the Tig about a month ago for my wife. The only thing she knew she wanted was a SUV or a lux feeling car. I wanted good quality and a sub 30k price. The Tiguan met all of our criteria and then some. It's quite small, but we don't have kids so that wasn't a big deal. The interior aesthetic and material quality feel quite good and it comes standard w/ bluetooth and an easy to use touchscreen radio. Although more pricey than most of the comp, this feels and looks far superior inside and out. We get around 20 miles per gallon w/ mixed highway and city driving. Should be a little better IMO. Also, the partial power seat is really weird to me. It should either be full power or manual.

Luxury, Small, Sporty, Comfortable
By Happy Tiguan Owner on 02/19/10 21:47 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove almost every SUV in this price range. VW did not have a competitive lease program until January 2010. It's not as quiet as an Equinox, but quieter than anything else I drove. The ride is sporty, with a tight suspension, very composed. The seats and arm rests are very comfortable. There is plenty of power. The Wolfsburg trim had everything I wanted. Very classy interior. It revs at a higher rpm on the highway than the Passat which has the same engine and trans. I guess that's why it gets worse mileage. Expect around 22 overall and 28 on a trip between fill ups. The 2.0 turbo diesel would be great in this suv. Make sure it has enough room for your cargo.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Suv in VA is:

$124 per month*