Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4Motion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

2011 Tiguan 2.0L turbo rattles!!!
By howieb38

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this 2011 Tiguan because I also bought a 2010 VW Passat wagon. Unfortunately the Tiguan has an annoying rattle in the engine when ever I accelerate from a stop and cuts out at about 3000 RPM. I've had it to two dealers and they claim it's normal for the engine?? When I explain that I also own a 2010 Passat with the exact same engine and there's no rattle sound, they say "That is normal for this car". I can't believe that VW won't acknowledge that there's a problem. I would return it and buy another brand if I could, but after going back and forth with VW for three months, I'm stuck with this lemon. It's a $40,000 mistake. It's also the last VW I'll ever buy.

Favorite Features

Other then the rattle, it's a pretty good car.

Suggested Improvements

Find a solution to the engine rattle. This is not rocket science. I just think that VW is not addressing it because only some of the 2.0L turbos have the problem according to the VW Owner's web site.

You get what you pay for
By Toothwarrior

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Absolute fun to drive.Great handling.Enough power for it's class.It actually feels safe.I bought it for The Boss(my wife) and she loves it. It's the perfect mall vehicle even in a snowstorm. I've had Mercedes ML series since 1990,all 8 cylinder vehicles and this little baby is more fun to drive. Don't hesitate get it. What's a few dollars more.

Favorite Features

Handling and sense of safety. Great breaking once broken in. Its safety features and ratings.

Suggested Improvements

Doesn't need any. Everybody thinks they're an expert. Just drive and enjoy.