2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
2011 Tiguan 2.0L turbo rattles!!!
By howieb38 on 01/26/11 15:19 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this 2011 Tiguan because I also bought a 2010 VW Passat wagon. Unfortunately the Tiguan has an annoying rattle in the engine when ever I accelerate from a stop and cuts out at about 3000 RPM. I've had it to two dealers and they claim it's normal for the engine?? When I explain that I also own a 2010 Passat with the exact same engine and there's no rattle sound, they say "That is normal for this car". I can't believe that VW won't acknowledge that there's a problem. I would return it and buy another brand if I could, but after going back and forth with VW for three months, I'm stuck with this lemon. It's a $40,000 mistake. It's also the last VW I'll ever buy.

You get what you pay for
By Toothwarrior on 04/16/10 07:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Absolute fun to drive.Great handling.Enough power for it's class.It actually feels safe.I bought it for The Boss(my wife) and she loves it. It's the perfect mall vehicle even in a snowstorm. I've had Mercedes ML series since 1990,all 8 cylinder vehicles and this little baby is more fun to drive. Don't hesitate get it. What's a few dollars more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Suv in VA is:

$113 per month*