2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
A Great Choice
By rchanatry on 05/23/11 04:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my 2010 Tiguan SEL4Motion for a year and have driven it through a heavy north east winter. FANTASTIC in all snow conditions with standard Pirreli all seasons. The engine and transmission are flawless. Transmission as smooth as my BMW X3. So many high end features..xenon adaptive headlights w/ turn spot light, electric folding heated mirrors, touchscreen navigation, heated washer nozzles...amazing amenities. My only complaints: 2 minor rattles (seat belt, and ac vent) and Touch screen nav/radio unit freezes after phone call occasionally. (Turn off car, open door, restart fixes it.)

An excellent option
By VW Fan on 08/19/10 23:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just get my Tiguan 2 months ago, 2nd VW, my previous was a Passat 2007 with any complains about it, so after the lease end I decide to change it for a Tiguan 4 motion, the safety sensation in the rain and cornering is amazing. The interior details shows great quality. Dynaudio system awesome; and Xenon lights and memory seat as great thing as well.

Love It
By chris on 07/09/10 21:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Tiguan for 4 months now and I LOVE it. I find something new to like almost every day. The pickup and handling are wonderful. Not a single problem so far. The sunroof is awesome! The seats are really firm and comfortable. I get much better gas mileage than advertised, I've been averaging 28 MPG.

Enjoying Our New Tiguan in Calgary
By Barry Pendergast on 04/29/10 16:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have had the Tiguan for 2 weeks but already feeling we made the right decision after an agonizing review period and test drives in the competition - the RAV4, Fusion, CR-V etc. Originally set on a diesel Golf Wagon but did not find it comfortable. The Tiguan replaced a very old Nissan 300ZX but this feels like driving a sports car. I'm little worried about the 4 cylinders over 6 but time will tell if that's a problem. Its our first VW having had Toyotas for a long period

Great Small SUV, But you Pay for It!
By RayBoyG on 11/03/09 13:59 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have only had our Tiguan a few weeks. My wife and I both love driving it. It has a high seating position, lots of headroom, and the full-length sunroof really makes it feel open. Acceleration with the turbo 4 is impressive. I found lots of small but pleasing features as I read through the owner's manual....rear seats adjust back and forth, front passenger seat will fold flat for long cargo, both front doors hold a quart bottle, etc. Lots of nice little features. Gas mileage could be better for a small 4-cyl. but it has more than enough pep. It is usually in front wheel drive....4WD only comes on with slippage...you can't manually turn it on. High end satellite radio is great.

What a beautiful car this is
By José Martínez on 10/31/09 22:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Our 4th VW and 1st SUV. We've owned 2 Jettas before; we currently own a '08 R32 alsol. This car drives quite well compared to any American rental you throw at it, SUV or not. Steering and cornering are surprisingly well- mannered. However, despite VWoA's claims to the contrary, it is no big GTI: the car's weight, geometry, and suspension setup are obvious; and the Tiptronic transmission feels a bit lazy compared to the razor-sharp DSG. But we have the R32 for that. This is the family car. Drop-dead gorgeous; it carries us and the kids very comfortably; and it has loads of features. Safety is top-notch; and 4Motion makes a huge difference in snow. And it's a VW, so it feels like home to us.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Suv in VA is:

$113 per month*