Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

A Great Choice
By rchanatry

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my 2010 Tiguan SEL4Motion for a year and have driven it through a heavy north east winter. FANTASTIC in all snow conditions with standard Pirreli all seasons. The engine and transmission are flawless. Transmission as smooth as my BMW X3. So many high end features..xenon adaptive headlights w/ turn spot light, electric folding heated mirrors, touchscreen navigation, heated washer nozzles...amazing amenities. My only complaints: 2 minor rattles (seat belt, and ac vent) and Touch screen nav/radio unit freezes after phone call occasionally. (Turn off car, open door, restart fixes it.)

Transmission, acceleration, traction, touch screen navigation and radio easy to use. iPod integration, headlights, MFI display in center of dash. So fun to drive! Really comfortable rear seat.

I would scale down the center hub where the radio sits. Purely a design preference.

An excellent option
By VW Fan

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just get my Tiguan 2 months ago, 2nd VW, my previous was a Passat 2007 with any complains about it, so after the lease end I decide to change it for a Tiguan 4 motion, the safety sensation in the rain and cornering is amazing. The interior details shows great quality. Dynaudio system awesome; and Xenon lights and memory seat as great thing as well.

engine 2.0T a proved good thing; nice acceleration and power; Dynaudio sound; Xenon Lights, wheels 18in; memory seats; auto dimming rear mirror and rain sense wipers.

better fuel economy; power lift rear gate

Love It
By chris

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Tiguan for 4 months now and I LOVE it. I find something new to like almost every day. The pickup and handling are wonderful. Not a single problem so far. The sunroof is awesome! The seats are really firm and comfortable. I get much better gas mileage than advertised, I've been averaging 28 MPG.

Pickup, gas mileage, comfort, styling, build quality, tight fit. Great sound system and built-in NAV. Sunroof rocks.

Larger cargo area.

Enjoying Our New Tiguan in Calgary
By Barry Pendergast

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have had the Tiguan for 2 weeks but already feeling we made the right decision after an agonizing review period and test drives in the competition - the RAV4, Fusion, CR-V etc. Originally set on a diesel Golf Wagon but did not find it comfortable. The Tiguan replaced a very old Nissan 300ZX but this feels like driving a sports car. I'm little worried about the 4 cylinders over 6 but time will tell if that's a problem. Its our first VW having had Toyotas for a long period

Interior and exterior design and finish and naturally the panoramic glass roof. Its a fun car to drive!

Well a more economical engine perhaps a diesel?

Great Small SUV, But you Pay for It!
By RayBoyG

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have only had our Tiguan a few weeks. My wife and I both love driving it. It has a high seating position, lots of headroom, and the full-length sunroof really makes it feel open. Acceleration with the turbo 4 is impressive. I found lots of small but pleasing features as I read through the owner's manual....rear seats adjust back and forth, front passenger seat will fold flat for long cargo, both front doors hold a quart bottle, etc. Lots of nice little features. Gas mileage could be better for a small 4-cyl. but it has more than enough pep. It is usually in front wheel drive....4WD only comes on with slippage...you can't manually turn it on. High end satellite radio is great.

Bluetooth connection to the radio works perfectly, although you must use the phone to place outgoing calls. Full sunroof with electric shade is a must have. Looks fresh and clean in white. Leather interior is well stitched and supportive. Not many hidden costs or dealer add-ons.

Price point is my only issue. We have almost every feature and it came in around $35K. Less than the Q5 and GLK, but more than most American and Japanese competition. Closest competitors are the new Volvo, Acura & Lexus small SUVs. This is a very good vehicle, and I'm happy with the purchase

• SUV