Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan S SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

Major Disappointment-horrible in snow
By gailspike

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My experience has been a disappointment. From the first month I have had miscellaneous electrical issues. Had the electronic parking brake stick numerous times, it took a couple visits to dealership to replace sensor. Another sensor is when closing the trunk the entire locking system freezing up- said it is a safety feature, nothing wrong with car??? Now gas gage issue...dual fuel sending units. Being a female I get the runaround unfortunately I have to bring my husband to get results. Plus I research VW Vortex with all the other disappointed owners. I had Toyota's for 30 years and NEVER had to bring them back for anything but general maintenance. I can't afford to trade it & buy ano

It looks pretty and is peppy.

A decent sensor system

First VW may be my Last
By tg3

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned a chevy and honda previously, went with the Tiguan b/c the manual trans and looks... have had the car just over a year and it's been in the dealer for fixes 3 times (my chevy and honda needed nothing but routine maintenance). People warned me with buying a VW, but I was like 'how can it be so bad if so many people have them?'. Well sadly I am finding out. I love the car but never imagined having probs with a car that's only a year old. How can VW shoot for achieving #1 car sales if they make junk? Well, this is definitely my last VW, thinking of trading it for a Rav4 before I have to start paying for the repairs. Sorry to say, I did have hopes of 6 years with this car.

Style, performance.

The heat/ac vents stink, the little circle design looks cool but is not good functionally (esp on a hot day, ac only hits your face and up).

My Lemon
By J. Petrus

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We purchased this car thinking German engineering is built strong and tuff. One week from owning the car the breaks start to squeek loud( high pitch sound).I took it to the Van nuys dealer and they said it is break dust and it will go away.We had a crv before that and never had a problem, Regretably, we are looking to trade this car with eithier another crv,rav4 or cx7. I guess the German cars are not so strong after all.

Heavy on the road.

None

450 miles and stuck in garage
By Gail

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the car less than two weeks ago. Memorial Weekend - I got stuck in a parking lot with a parking brake malfunction. Can't see service for two day? I miss my 13 year old Toyota which had no mechanical problems.

I love the style and it is peppy. Very disappointed there is a problem with owning it less than two weeks.

Regular Gas option. No parking brake malfunction. Also regular brakes don't always react right away.

Car feels slippy...
By RKaye422

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm getting GREAT mileage on my Tiguan, more so than some of the other readers. HOWEVER, they seem to be enjoying the ride alot more than I am. This is my 2nd VW, after owning a Passat for 6 years and I'm actually pretty disappointed. I've been driving for 20 years, everything from a 66 Mustang to a Dodge Ram, and I feel like this car is going to go off the side of the road all the time. It grabs every nick in the road, it feels like driving on an ice slick over our grooved highways in Vegas, and driving it in the rain at high speeds is a white-knuckle occasion for me. Is anyone else at all having these problems? I've taken it to the dealer once already and they said this is normal???!!

Comfortable cabin, body appearance, gas mileage.

I don't know, whatever it will take to make the car feel like I'm not going to go airborne...??