2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
Major Disappointment-horrible in snow
By gailspike on 03/22/13 19:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My experience has been a disappointment. From the first month I have had miscellaneous electrical issues. Had the electronic parking brake stick numerous times, it took a couple visits to dealership to replace sensor. Another sensor is when closing the trunk the entire locking system freezing up- said it is a safety feature, nothing wrong with car??? Now gas gage issue...dual fuel sending units. Being a female I get the runaround unfortunately I have to bring my husband to get results. Plus I research VW Vortex with all the other disappointed owners. I had Toyota's for 30 years and NEVER had to bring them back for anything but general maintenance. I can't afford to trade it & buy ano

First VW may be my Last
By tg3 on 05/26/11 14:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned a chevy and honda previously, went with the Tiguan b/c the manual trans and looks... have had the car just over a year and it's been in the dealer for fixes 3 times (my chevy and honda needed nothing but routine maintenance). People warned me with buying a VW, but I was like 'how can it be so bad if so many people have them?'. Well sadly I am finding out. I love the car but never imagined having probs with a car that's only a year old. How can VW shoot for achieving #1 car sales if they make junk? Well, this is definitely my last VW, thinking of trading it for a Rav4 before I have to start paying for the repairs. Sorry to say, I did have hopes of 6 years with this car.

My Lemon
By J. Petrus on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We purchased this car thinking German engineering is built strong and tuff. One week from owning the car the breaks start to squeek loud( high pitch sound).I took it to the Van nuys dealer and they said it is break dust and it will go away.We had a crv before that and never had a problem, Regretably, we are looking to trade this car with eithier another crv,rav4 or cx7. I guess the German cars are not so strong after all.

450 miles and stuck in garage
By Gail on 05/30/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the car less than two weeks ago. Memorial Weekend - I got stuck in a parking lot with a parking brake malfunction. Can't see service for two day? I miss my 13 year old Toyota which had no mechanical problems.

Car feels slippy...
By RKaye422 on 02/09/10 19:51 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm getting GREAT mileage on my Tiguan, more so than some of the other readers. HOWEVER, they seem to be enjoying the ride alot more than I am. This is my 2nd VW, after owning a Passat for 6 years and I'm actually pretty disappointed. I've been driving for 20 years, everything from a 66 Mustang to a Dodge Ram, and I feel like this car is going to go off the side of the road all the time. It grabs every nick in the road, it feels like driving on an ice slick over our grooved highways in Vegas, and driving it in the rain at high speeds is a white-knuckle occasion for me. Is anyone else at all having these problems? I've taken it to the dealer once already and they said this is normal???!!

Excellent choice for compact SUV
By xeuropn on 11/24/09 16:26 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife always wanted the VW Toureg, but could never afford one. After watching the development of the Tiguan since 2006, we decide to check one out this past summer. My wife had to have a manual, so we went for the Tiguan. With the 2.0 L Turbo and matching 6-speed, she has not been disappointed. All of the other competitive models (Tucson/ Sportage/ RAV4 and CR-V)seem bland and common compared to the VW. The extra details Auf Deutsch just seem to put it on a different level. This is our first German auto while living here in the US, so hopefully we will have a long a lasting relationship with it. We keep cars for a very long time, so this should be a good test of VW's durability.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Suv in VA is:

$129 per month*