10 of 10 people found this review helpful
Un-Reliable after 50K miles!
By negaverse on
2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I bought the car brand new in 2009 and it was a great drive at first.
The car was awesome for the first 2 years.
I drove it about 20k miles a year.
It was so comfy and fun to drive esp on long trips.
But, after about 50k miles, I had so many problems!!
Those dreaded EPC lights would always come on!
I ended up taking a huge loss on the car with another 1.5 years to pay off but I had safety concerns with a car that would stop accelerating in the middle of the road.
I have heard the myths bout VW electrical issues but did not believe them until I bought my own VW.
Unfortunately they are true.
You can feel the power of the engine when accelerating.
Also felt the handling was above average.
The car simply looks great as well.
The car had so many issues.
I wish VW would have worked out these issues before coming out with the N.A version of this car.
It just pales compared to other cars in reliability.
I will try to list them all to help others.
• a drive belt replacement
• some leakage in hoses
• clean up of carbon buildup that I was advised to do for the car to run smoother.
• An electrical problem due to a short from the wiring with the throttle.
• replaced the car battery when the car died on me at a gas station
• A spark plug misfire problem due to oil leaking
• Intake Manifold replacement