2009 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Review: Lots of issues with the tiguan

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Review

SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Lots of issues with the tiguan
By lbrosco on

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First I want to start out by saying I am glad I found this site, because after reading most of the posts on here I realize I am not alone. Normally I don't post to sites like this but if this stuff helps somebody else going through what I am going through then it's worth it. I bought my car in Arizona in november of 2009 so I have owned it for 1 yr 4 1/2 mths. I will list the problems I have incurred so far. By the way I now live in northern California and I have apprx 30,000 miles. Satellite radio always says linking Back up camera gets stuck Drivers side cornering light went out Brakes jerk when stopping abruptly even at slower speed Emergency brake sticks Burns out cell phone chargers- gone through 5 oem Sensor had to be replaced. Mold inside my car! For the past few months we have been getting a lot of rain in northern California. I have noticed a lot of moisture on the inside of my car, mainly on the windows. I have to dry it every morning with a towel. It would be too much for a defroster to handle. I didn't think anything of it other than it being a pain in the butt. This morning I noticed mold growing underneath all 4 of my floor mats. I removed them from my car and wiped down the carpets with resolve carpet cleaner. I wasn't able to get it all because it is growing under the seats as well. This is a huge problem for me because I am allergic to mold. I have broken out in hives and didn't realize that was the cause.

Cornering lights Sunroof Design