My Last VW
By hsk15kaol on
2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
From the start I knew we were in serious trouble. Our first problems started less than one week from delivery and they have gone on from then. To list it... Bad sensor in trans, missing parts under front end, gas pedal got stuck under center console trim (VW has no answer on this one, almost killed us!) Power window modulator failure, doors that do not close correctly, and the list goes on. We do not use the panoramic sunroof as it has failed twice and the dealership claims it is fine... okay, right on! Many issues come and go, and it is horrible in the cold and all around a clunker! BEWARE, it is a VW and they are no as reliable as they were... We have owned 10, and this is our last!
Favorite Features
Great looks, Great Small CUV with the most legroom in the back seat of any car or SUV in its class. Sadly that is all the good we can find.....
Suggested Improvements
Bring the quality back that VW were known for, my brothers VW Passat wagon TDI is going on 200K, I will be happy to see this one go ASAP! Seems that every VW we have owned since early 2000 has been less reliable and more troublesome. Maint cost are out of this world! Way too costly to own.