2009 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Review: I will not get another VW agai

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Review

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan

I will not get another VW again -
By jaypc6711 on

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

As a prior VW fan (4 times) ..It was with great regret I had to report back to Edmunds how shoddy I thought the Tiguan 2009 model was. I see we're well into the 2011 timeframe now and newer versions are out, however, problems still persist. Sure, the service teams get it taken care of and paperwork is smoothed over.
Driving it out of the dealership on Day 1 was pure bliss, but one seriously short-lived. The issue is with engine / instrumentation and vehicle performance. I had multiple Electronic Power Steering and Engine checklights appear during the past 2 years recently towed back by VW. I would be hard-pressed to get another VW

The shape of the car is intriguing and attractive to the eye. It packs a lot of power and sporty...I can see why its easy to market this car.

The rear window soap dispenser /window washer ends up running a soap streak down the car once used. You end up having to wipe it down to avoid noticing that slight design flaw....have not had this on my other VW models I've owned.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review