2009 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Review: Great value, Fun to drive CUV

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Review

S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Great value, Fun to drive CUV
By MAD63 on

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Build quality and performance are on the top of my list. Reliablity, we'll see as time goes on but at this point everything is spot on with the Tiguan. Surprisingly nimble, although the Michilein tires on the S model are not up to the handling capabilities of the chassis. At 6'4" comfort is not a problem in this CUV, good leg and head room, cargo capacity is as expected but much more than my sports sedan I traded in. Interior materials, seats dash and carpets are very good quality as are fit and finish of the exterior. Color match on the rear fascia is slightly off color for the White Gold but not enough to complain over.

The Turbo 2.0T engine and the 6spd Auto. Great fun, just point and shoot. Even with a heavy foot I average 22 mpg in mixed driving using premium fuel only, I've recorded upwards of 27 mpg. highway on a couple of short trips.

With the exception of the splashy tires, nothing. Fuel economy is where I would expect for this type of performance, there is a trade off between fuel economy and acceleration, I'll take acceleration and performance.