2009 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Finally

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Review

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Finally
By zflash00 on

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove just about every SUV in this class over a two month period and the Tiguan is by far the best. The Tiguan looks great inside and out and even without leather seats is very comfortable. The difference between this car and others like the Ford Escape or Toyota Rav4 is the way it handles. The drive is more like a car than an SUV. I thought the Honda CR-V was a very nice vehicle too but it was lacking any kind of pick up. Overall I am very happy to have purchased the Tiguan. Some dealers have said that they are not offering any deals for a number of reasons, but I was given a couple thousand off the sticker price.

Favorite Features

Moonroof is jaw-dropping. Speed is great. Seats are very comfortable. Cargo space is large enough and can be increased by moving the back seats forward. Perfect blend of SUV and a car.

Suggested Improvements

More flexibility with options. Being able to get leather seats in the SE model would have been great even though it is not needed.