2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
Great Ride
By Duanne on 01/01/09 00:12 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased the Tiguan in Aug, 2008 and now have 5000 miles. Two round trips to north of Atlanta, and no problems. No problem passing a vehicle or entering the Interstate, just put the pedal to the medal and this baby scoots. Many great compliments about it's sporty good looks. Just fun to drive. My wife has no problem getting me to run errands!!! My heavy foot may be the cause of the not so great gas mileage I've heard other reviewers reporting. Only about 25mpg average

Wow!!! What a fun ride!
By Tiggin' on 12/24/08 10:51 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First VW since my 1974 rust bucket bug. Love the power, handling, utility and the price. I bought the base model with the manual tranny. This is one really fun and tight ride. An excellent balance of comfort and crisp handling. I have owned an acura, Nissan, Chevy, Ford and nothing compares to the quality so far. I know VW critics abound, for good reason (and that is why I bought the extended warranty) but I have known quite a few VW'ers who have had good luck w/ their vehicles. Don't know what noir authentique is talking about with the "cargo area is useless" comment, but this is a compact with very Nice interior room for the passengers and I fit 9 full size cases of beer in the cargo area.

As Advertised
By RJDOZ on 12/20/08 08:00 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I normally do not rate a vehicle until I have 30K+ miles on it but I just had to share my pleasure with this vehicle with you. I currently have 8K miles on this SE with no problems. I'm a salesman and I'm on the road alot for my job hauling good size samples. Not as much room as my previous 4runner (which my wife now drives) but enough room to get the job done. Back seat room is larger than you would think and the rear split seats fold down flat which works well for me. Really a nice ride, fun to drive, gas mileage as advertised, and the 4motion has really been a champ in this tough Midwest winter. I drove about everything in this class but I kept coming back to the Tiguan.

Still in the honeymoon
By dlewis on 12/19/08 21:47 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall still in love. Like others really enjoy the zip and the handling. Would like more range of motion in seat adjustments, especially thigh support. Panoramic roof is very nice, but noisy in any position (compared to Acura's small SUV). Haven't tested the 4motion much but on wet road has done very well, very stable. I would like to see more audio controls on steering wheel, such as change mode and channel.

Ouch
By Why Me on 12/17/08 19:54 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I loved the looks and still do, but I have had this thing in the shop 4 times: transmission, engine light, major vibration at highway speed - twice. I spent a great deal of time researching before I bought a VW. I wish I had paid more attention to a few reviews that I had seen referencing quality problems. I feel like I have no choice but to sell before the warranty runs out.

Great choice for a small SUV
By RhodyVWOwner on 12/09/08 03:52 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just picked up my new 2009 VW Tiguan SE 4Motion! What a great little CUV. Yes, I compared it with all the other little utes. Really it came down to this or the Mitsu Outlander for me in terms of features for the money. That was a great car also, but just can't compare to the build quality or upscale feel of the Tiguan. If I was 20 again, I would go with the Outlander. Now in my 30's, the Tiguan's the ride for me. It was hard to find one with the new Nav system (which is super cool) and the giant sunroof (also super cool), but I am glad I did. Has just the right balance of power and fuel economy, but it is a blast to drive. Drives a lot more like a car than a RAV4. Test drive one!

VW GOT IT RIGHT
By Adrian on 11/27/08 00:32 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Tiguan is comfortable, easy to drive,well thought out, reliable. Makes road trips something to look forward to. VW got this right kinda reminds me of the fun I had with my old VW bus.

I would not recommend this SUV
By Noir Authentique on 11/26/08 03:11 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming from a 2002 Toyota RAV4 which was 100% reliable, I can say this so far has not been the SUV I imagined. The test drive went well at Potamkin VW. I like the interior and exterior design- typical clean design. The interior has a few cheap pieces but you get used to it. On par with the Toyota. The inside is quite roomy but the seats are not so comfortable. Cargo area is useless. With 4k miles- the power around town is peppy but it lacks power on the highway. I also notice the gas goes quicker than expected. It should average 21 MPG and I barely see 15MPG average. On the highway I have seen 23 with the cruise set at 60MPH. Around town it dips to 12-13MPG. Overall, not the best small SUV.

PERFECT!
By DasGood on 11/22/08 18:05 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just drove home our brand new Tiguan! Extremely happy with our purchase. Solid car with quiet ride and comfortable drive. The power of 2.0 liter turbo, compared to other Crossover/SUV's in its class, outperforms the blender-type engines of the smaller 4 cyl. competitors. The full sunroof with automatic screen/shade ads a touch of class to the features. Body style says versatile yet sporty. Plenty of room for stroller or Golf Bags with the fold down seats. After countless hours of research on the internet and test driving all options, this is the one! Get your hands on a Tiguan before showrooms run out (we got the last one on the floor for the trim we wanted).

Some things great-some not so great.....
By pamicat on 11/12/08 14:12 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Owned 3 mo./3000 mi in gld-metallic. Researched all SUVs in class; was wowed by Tiguan. Interior styling in class by itself; handling/comfort exceptional. Cabin durability very impressive. Passengers rave about roominess/ styling. Ride not smooth on freeways, rather bumpy at times. Novelty retractable screen panel under sunroof does not fully block overhead sun glare. “Trunk” storage tray on website never materialized - rear underneath storage very ltd. Headrest has no tilt adjustment (only vertical) and tips head in uncomfortable position if you lean back. Miss my Acura’s Bose stereo; the sound of the system is 6 of 10 at best. Main center console storage could have been expanded.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.