Used 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

What's up with the brakes?
By Second Thoughts

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I owned my car for 3 months and the brakes started squeaking. Took it to dealer who says brakes had a little dust and they clean them. One month later same and worse. Rain, early morning worst, but sunshine too. I'm simply embarrassed that I drive a new car with less than 10,000 miles that screams like it needs a serious brake job, that's dust? Never had any stopping problems and love the car otherwise. More later when dealer looks at the car again. Not too happy right now.

Quick and sassy! I loved my obnoxious Durango for its 8c acceleration--love this passing and maneuverability.

Please. regular gas model. Also, the radio is a blah, so, so throw-back. How about a little upgrade without the $800.00 expense?

Fun to Drive
By VW in Colorado

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

On the day of the 2nd anniversary of buying this car I turned over 72,000 miles - so we have had a lot of experience with this car. This car is fun to drive and the sunroof is great! The Tiguan displays a lot of info on the dash and every month there is something that needs to be serviced or looked at. If you take the car to anyone other than the dealership then the warning light will not be reset. You will still have to go to the dealership or it will bing at you every time you start the car and the warning light will be on. Most of the bells and warning lights are annoying and not major defects. Due to the constant high maintenance on this car - I will not purchase another VW.

Sunroof, gas mileage

Parking brake is next to cup holder - spilled soda corroded wiring. Passenger seat and headrest is not comfortable after 1 hour drive. Warning lights do not reset themselves so a simple low tire pressure light has to be taken to dealership to be turned off.

On the Mark
By dman

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We owned a 2008 Toure for 1.5 years and we love the Tiguan even more ... here are the reasons: 1) Practicality - smaller but not to small to hold 5 adults and luggage! Great gas mileage for SUV 2) Free 3 year maintenance program 3) Overall fun to drive and cost of ownership

Panoramic sunroof and fun to drive, styling and gas mileage

none

The cutest CUV around
By T

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love x 100. We looked at the Rav4, CRV, before deciding on the Tiguan. We have the SE with upgraded seats, pano roof, etc. Looks great, drives great with the fun, peppy 2.0T engine. The suspension seems sporty, so it might be too stiff for some people. We get great MPG (averaging around 28MPG combined!). Seats are comfy & the roof is gorgeous. Interior is great - typical VW quality, lots of storage space too (esp. compared to VW's sedans). Good leg room in the back & plenty of space in the front. Cargo space is a little limited when compared to other CUVs, but it's more than adequate for us and the rear seats fold down easily. Haven't done anything but basic maintenance so far.

multifunction display, panoramic sunroof, exterior design (reminds me of a RC with the funny little antenna in the back!), comfy seats, 2.0T engine found in Audi models

Leatherette/V-tex should've been standard on SE model, maybe more cargo room to compete with the other CUVs, requires premium gas (but we get better mileage with it, so it's a decent trade-off)

High-End Utilitarian Simplicity
By Happa

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I picked up a 2009 SEL with Nav and the panoramic roof and I love it. After years of driving "luxory" AWD vehicles I was looking to simplify ... but didn't want to sacrifice the quality I had grown accustomed to. The SEL Tig was a perfect fit ... simple interior but top notch quality (no cheap plastic dashboards here), comfortable, tight as a drum, good Nav, incredible sunroof, and no real lack of "toys" (bluetooth, backup camera, etc.). I have driven Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti (my last three vehiles in that order) ... and I am VERY happy to be driving the Tiguan now.

Navigation, Panoramic Sunroof, Driving position

Add the options for HomeLink and voice activated bluetooth and navigation (currently not voice activated features)