6 Weeks and Very Happy
By Rob 110 on
2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I bought my Tiguan after several months of looking at small SUV's. Each time I kept coming back to the Tiguan. I thought I would get a CRV, but the power isn't there and there are far too many on the road. I wanted to like the Acura RDX as an Acura TL owner. While I liked it, the gas mileage (poor) and cost (high) prevented the deal. The Ford Escape Hybrid just didn't have the fit and finish. The Tiguan was the best bet for me: good value, my bike fit inside, still somewhat uncommon on the road, nice looking, and just a great all around package. Six weeks into it and I still love it as much as the day I bought it.
Favorite Features
The gas mileage is much better than the sticker shows. I am getting 22 mixed driving and consistently getting 30 on the freeway. The interior is nice and the cargo area is good with the seats down. Exterior styling is strong. Overall VW quality seems good so far.
Suggested Improvements
The standard radio speakers have poor sound quality. The radio screen is nearly impossible to read day or night. iPod interface has limited functionality, but still glad to have it.