6 Month Review
By NMar on
2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
After researching what kind of SUV I wanted, I decided on the Tiguan. Happen to be in Florida on vac, they had a good deal, I bought and drove the car to New York. Drive was a lot of fun. Vehicle seems solid, firm ride. I get asked about it by passerbys. Brake is very responsive, quite interior. Some minor issues I do have: motorized driver reclining seat, but manual pump lever to elevate and move seat..why not motorize all, summer humidity seems to bring out a bad smell from air exhaust when it's not on a/c, engine is powerful, but there seems to be a delay in responsiveness when u go from braking to quickly accelerating, but then it eventually picks up when you press harder on the pedal
Favorite Features
I like the interior and exterior look, Good quality interior finish even with the cloth option, 6 mo free satellite radio, firm ride, minimal road noise, sturdy roof frame construction. SE was the better option for me since it came with many standards.
Suggested Improvements
Motorize all driver seat adjustment, not just back support. Do same on pass side. I need to investigate unpleasant humidity smell. I do wish the rear luggage compartment is a bit larger. Also, need to improve gas mileage a bit more. I do get 22mpg city which is ok, I guess.