Used 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

The car to have!
By J. Salcedo

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have the SE level with the sunroof. There is no words to describe how fun to drive this car can be. The quality of materials is obvious along with the beauty of designs. Pick up is amazing and smooth and the suspension is the perfect combination between sport and sedan. Not only were the dealers at VW ready to deal, the financing was great. I get compliments on this car all the time, people stare at it on the road too. I am very happy I purchased a car that is not ubiquitous and that allows me the freedom to enjoy rides with the sunroof fully open.

The sunroof is great and I love the wheel controls. I also like the exterior lights and the VW logo on the headlights

There are some blind spots that makes it a bit awkward to back up and change lanes. That should be looked into.

Fine car
By balaji

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Top class car. Refined, precise and hi tech. Options may add up the price. Very powerful, fast and agile. 4 motion is awesome. Interior is incredibly classy. There is simply no comparison to this car at this time.

New and advanced engineering Quality Refinement Precision Solidity Safety Value for money

I believe its one of the near perfect cars.

Driving it for a month so far
By writergeeknh

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My first SUV. I agonized over it because of the mpg. I needed a bigger vehicle, but something smaller than the CRV/RAV4 - also with a nicer interior. I tried to love the CRV because my Civic was such a good car, but couldn't. VW is built much better. The steering freaked me out a bit at first but I'm getting used to it. I don't understand why at times it feels disconnected from the car. It does drive like a car and I like the boost from the turbo engine. Headlights from larger vehicles no longer shine in my rear view mirror or to be deluged by water when larger vehicles would pass me on wet highways. Hopefully my love will continue to grow and I'll feel better about getting such low mpg.

well-built, high safety rating panoramic sun roof comfy interior handles well, easy to transition to from small car wiper on back window cargo area cover cool looking, haven't seen another around yet - and I drive around Boston area courtesy checkup and first three services covered turbo engine

Better mpg would be fab! Loose steering, a little pulling corrected (or maybe I don't get the benefits yet of the steering mechanism?)

Fuel Problem/Engine lights on
By Norm

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My car is only a moth old and they already replace gas cap due to engine light on. After a few months later another problem occur fuel gauge not working & showing fuel tank not full. Number on the dash board keep changing and not accurate.

Cruisin' in my Tiguan
By LianaB

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my 07 Altima SL in for this car and so far so good. I wish it had a few more bells and whistles for the price tag but other than that it's great. It's a little bit tight on interior space but for right now it's a good fit for my family of 4. Seating is comfy, has a descent stock stereo system with an ipod adapter. I got mine with the 3 years of free maintenance which will save me a few hundred. Overall I'm happy with this car.

Back seats slide forward up to 6" which may not seem like a lot but it really is when you need it. This car can get up and go. Has the same engine as my husbands 2006 GTI.

Gas mileage. I'm fine with having to use premium in it if I could get a trade off with miles per gallon, 18mpg (city) is not cutting it.

• SUV