2009 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
Couldn't be happier
By cc on 07/01/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been waiting for this SUV. I have always driven VW's, I traded my 2007 Rabbit for the 2009 Tiguan and I am thrilled with my purchase!!!

A Fair Review
By JD on 06/30/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I actually went back to VW when buying the Tiguan. My first VW, a GTI VR6, had a lot of small problems and a major problem with the computer. However, nothing comes close to German style and especially the interior comfort and technology. My favorite feature is the sunroof which allows for a very nice view of the sky for both front and rear passengers. The gas mileage is respectable compared to the Mercury Mountaineer I traded in. The response to the accelerator is also respectable.

Check your measurments
By mitch Gold on 06/30/08 07:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Be careful. They don't tell you. The antenna sticks up off the back of the roof 8-10 inches. Doesn't fit in my garage. Also you will have trouble putting 4 sets of golf clubs in trunk horizontally with 4 passengers.

Good by Minivan
By Friars6 on 06/29/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The build quality on the Tiguan is amazing for a car in this price range. The car looks fantastic and handles exceptionally well with 4motion. The 2.0 Turbo is much quicker that I expected and the car is very quite on the highway.

Fun, Fast, and Fitting.
By Jboogaloo on 06/25/08 00:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After having it for five days and putting over 560miles on it, I can say that this automobile is fantastic. I took it home Thursday of last week (6/19/2008) and took it to Va Beach Saturday morning. Being that it is the first 500 miles, I didn't go over 65, and I was getting between 31.5 and 33 mpg!! That is amazing. There is the "recommended" premium octane fuel, but you can put regular. I will tell you that paying the extra 4-5 bucks (at the most) for prem per tank is well worth it. The drive is comfortable, even with four adults. The cabin is very quiet and the seat comfort is just fantastic. Plenty of room for both driver & passenger along with back passengers.

Finally
By zflash00 on 06/22/08 15:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove just about every SUV in this class over a two month period and the Tiguan is by far the best. The Tiguan looks great inside and out and even without leather seats is very comfortable. The difference between this car and others like the Ford Escape or Toyota Rav4 is the way it handles. The drive is more like a car than an SUV. I thought the Honda CR-V was a very nice vehicle too but it was lacking any kind of pick up. Overall I am very happy to have purchased the Tiguan. Some dealers have said that they are not offering any deals for a number of reasons, but I was given a couple thousand off the sticker price.

Best Bargain In The SUV Market !
By Frank Mott on 06/20/08 11:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the most amazing value in the small SUV marketplace. The car is almost as fun to drive as our Mini ! The car sounds sporty, and looks like it racing along even parked at the curb. Drives like sporty car not an SUV. Gas mileage around town is 26 mpg and with gas price sky high we are very happy ! The quality and engineering are excellent as is to be expected from V.W. Lots of thoughtful features. But, driving is what's it all about, and the Tiguan is sure to put a smile on your face !

Love it!!
By dianix on 06/14/08 18:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wanted to buy an suv for the longest time, but with current gas prices... not too much of a chance UNTIL the TIGUAN... great on gas, super comfortable. Pretty quick, lots and lots of space... I couldn't be any happier with my purchase, worth the wait! =)

Fast, Fun and Fuel Economy
By VWFan on 06/08/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I looked at many vehicles from sedans to SUVs before deciding on the Tiguan to replace by Pilot (including the new Pilot). I decided sitting a little higher in traffic and all-wheel drive were important - hence my choice of another SUV. The Tiguan is fantastic -- quick acceleration, fun to drive and fuel economy of 28.5 mpg average on my first 2 tanks of regular gas. I choose the SEL for the added features and am not disappointed that I did. There is lots of room, and as a big guy I appreciate that. The back is tight for 3 adults, but would be fine for shorter distances - a luxury ride for 2 in the back. I am looking forward to better mpg, and am very satisfied with my Tiguan!

Fast and Great Fuel Economy
By Dash9 on 05/26/08 22:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fast and Fun to drive. Tiguan handles like a sports car. Turbo charged acceleration is great.Tiptronic transmission is fun to play with. Fuel economy on the first tank for city driving was 23mpg,looking forward to a road trip soon. Lots of cargo room with rear seats folded down. Ride is very comfortable and quiet.visibility is excellent, much better than anything I have test driven. Easily fits in my garage and tight parking spaces. Performance, Styling, features and fuel economy are what won me over.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan in VA is:

$117 per month*