2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
Tig is GREEAAAATTTT......
By Ram on 08/26/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've officially put 1600 mi on my new Tig, and I'm so happy I made the right choice on getting a Tig, it handles so smooth and peppy at the same time. I really wanted the 6 speed manual trans and TDI, but couldn't wait. My dealer told me that they won't be available in the US 'til next year.

A winner
By fahrfromgroovin on 08/21/08 23:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had the tig for a week. What a joy to drive! Tiguan just won the highest safety rating in crash tests. Amazing acceleration for a small SUV. If you like German styling, engineering. Don't wait. This vehicle delivers

Happy new owner
By Don B on 08/08/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Tiguan almost three weeks now and it's been a great vehicle thus far. I'm getting a little less than 25mpg using 87 Octane (regular unleaded). I owned a 1997 Jeep Wrangler previous to this vehicle and the comfort level and gas mileage can't even be categorized between the two vehicles. This Tiguan S model has some real zip with the turbo engine in it! You can't go wrong with this vehicle if you're looking for a good, small compact SUV.

Worth the Wait!
By VW FAN on 08/07/08 08:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've been researching this next car purchase for well over a year. I'm so glad we waited to pull the trigger until after the release of the Tiguan. After researching and driving the competition, the Tiguan was the clear choice for us. Love pretty much everything about this car and could not be happier with our purchase.

Great So Far!
By Angela Battle on 07/30/08 05:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My husband and I researched and drove every vehicle in this class. In our opinion, the Tiguan is simply the better vehicle all the way around. Build quality, styling, design, interior layout, handling, braking and acceleration (the turbo was smooth and peppy) are all excellent.

09 Tiguan is a great car, Buy It Now!
By dorth on 07/21/08 09:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've been eying up this vehicle since I first heard about it back in March. In my opinion this is the best designed vehicle in it's class although I do feel its price tag is slightly above what it should be. The Tiguan overall performs great and has a lot more room than it might appear from the outside. I'm very happy with this car!

Love it!
By cedarpark on 07/14/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in my 04 Passat for the Tiguan. The Tiguan is so much fun to drive. It's roomy and has already carried large loads from the hardware store. My only complaint, as was my complaint with the Passat, is the cup holder for passengers in the back seat. It completely fell apart the first time it was used.

Stunned
By bomo0119 on 07/12/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm totally stunned!! The gas mileage of my Tiguan rivals that of my Honda but the build quality far exceeds ANY vehicle in its class. I feel like I'm driving a near luxury vehicle. I was very nervous about paying cash for a vehicle, but now if I could I'd buy one for everyone in my family. Safe, stable (feels like its glued to the road) and just out and out FUN TO DRIVE!

Fun, Fast & Good Lookin'
By Lauri on 07/06/08 21:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my Tiguan for just under 2 months and I have put over 8k miles on it. It rides great, has get up and go power when needed. After test driving every crossover/suv in this size I couldn't find one that I was willing to into debt for until I drove this car. Love at first drive.

Couldn't be happier
By cc on 07/01/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been waiting for this SUV. I have always driven VW's, I traded my 2007 Rabbit for the 2009 Tiguan and I am thrilled with my purchase!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*