Used 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

Very good car
By george

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car skeptical but this car has really proved its self to me and my wife. Every day at least 50 miles a day this car is a work horse this car is amazingly fun to drive I have bought other SUV in my lifetime and never one like this. I thought it would have many electrical problems but none I would highly recommend this car to anyone that has a family or one thats going to last.

Favorite Features

heated seats and panoramic sunroof

Suggested Improvements

none

The good, the bad, the ugly
By crd

After one year... I love the power, handling and design of this car. I was looking for a sporty, fast cuv that could still accommodate a three year old and all that entails. This car does that. That being said, driving home from the dealer I noticed (it was at night) I could only see 3 ft ahead of me. Took car back to find lights were ill- positioned. 6 months later I had to get the fuel pump replaced. Already had to get burned out drivers head lamp replaced and there is an awful squeek inside that I can't seem to find/fix. I like the car but am wary about what to expect in year 2. Imo, quality is really lacking. I am thinking of trading it in already, which saddens me as it is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

handling/performance and unique look. love the full size sunroof!

Suggested Improvements

I hear it is feast or famine with VW's. I fear if I keep this car I am going to spend a lot of time at the dealer. Also the antenna is too tall so when I put car in the garage it scrapes. Just waiting for that to break off....