2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
grinding brakes
By lufferman on 10/22/11 08:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

At 40k the rear brakes are shot. The care has always braked well. Front brakes are still good. Only clue was grinding metal to metal. The inside brake pad (the one actuated by the caliper's piston) is totally worn down. The outside pad is still very good. It's either poorly designed or the servo actuated emergency brake might be the cause. We have never noticed any brake drag.

Fuel Problem/Engine lights on
By Norm on 06/06/09 08:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My car is only a moth old and they already replace gas cap due to engine light on. After a few months later another problem occur fuel gauge not working & showing fuel tank not full. Number on the dash board keep changing and not accurate.

Like a GTI XL
By BCWatty on 02/10/09 17:29 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wanted a GTI but rear seat room was just too small. Manual transmission and higher ingress/egress makes this fit my desire for fun and my need for comfort. Would have preferred a manual transmission with the ability to also have nav, sunroof, heated seats and AWD, but VW did not give me that option. I have found base 'S' model's cloth seats do not get as cold as leather seats so I have not yet gone to the aftermarket for heated seats. It is more quiet than my BMW and Chevy Tahoe. It tracks well and has lots of storage cubbies, including a hidden one to the left of steering wheel. Drawers under the seats like the European models would have been nice. Bring on the TDI with a stick!

Wow!!! What a fun ride!
By Tiggin' on 12/24/08 10:51 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First VW since my 1974 rust bucket bug. Love the power, handling, utility and the price. I bought the base model with the manual tranny. This is one really fun and tight ride. An excellent balance of comfort and crisp handling. I have owned an acura, Nissan, Chevy, Ford and nothing compares to the quality so far. I know VW critics abound, for good reason (and that is why I bought the extended warranty) but I have known quite a few VW'ers who have had good luck w/ their vehicles. Don't know what noir authentique is talking about with the "cargo area is useless" comment, but this is a compact with very Nice interior room for the passengers and I fit 9 full size cases of beer in the cargo area.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*