Electrical and service nightmare
By justsaynat on
2011 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Purchased from Ken Garff VW in Orem in November of 2011. Within less than a month we were at the service dep. getting things fixed. First it was the paint and weather stripping around all the windows chipping and pealing and discolored. Then it was several trips for a shifting problem. They said it was electrical and they said they fixed it. But we were back 5 times and 2 so called recall updates to the electrical before finally another location replaced something I the engine. That seemed to help. But then the motor for the AC and heater broke. Then the electrical went crazy and my car shut off mid driving. Now it's in the shop and I am ready to call it a lemon and get a new car.
Favorite Features
We like the color and back-up camera. We like the interior "leatherette" leather look, easy to clean. Design is nice looking. We like the tv monitors in the front and back. We like the heated seats.
Suggested Improvements
The electrical is unreliable and when it's not working, has shut off my car mid operating and left me in stranded in the middle of the road with kids! So dangerous. Recalls on the engine and electrical never get resolved. It needs new engine and new electrical.