Used 2010 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Routan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:

Overall a good minivan
By Frank

2010 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent, Nav (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I am a Chrysler employee and I was in the market to lease a Town & Country to replace my existing T&C, but I found that even with employee pricing the Town & Country lease was so expensive in Southern California, so instead I opted for a Routan which is slightly cheaper than the T&C but has a much better lease pricing. The reason is because of its better residual value. Routan has the Chrysler DNA but I personally like it better than the similar T&C. My only issue is the gas mileage which I usually get around 14 in the city and 18 on freeways. One fact that most people don't know is that the 4.0L engine has slightly better gas mileage than the 3.8L, but unfortunately I could find any.

Overall comfort, Dual DVD players, hard disk and the U-Connect. This vehicle is ideal for long family trips. I would doubt if kids say "are we there yet?".

Improved gas mileage. Also make the seats stowable like T&C.

DON'T buy a routon, BIG safety issue.
By BoMom

2010 Volkswagen Routan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased the Routon SEL premium from jersey village Volkswagan in houston TX. I paid $37,000 for there top of the line routon. The dvd screens in the routon block the entire view from your rear view mirror,it is a huge safety hazard. Frankly this vehicle needs to be recalled before there are numerous accidents asssociated with this major design flaw.The dealership which is owned by sonic automotive even offered to have dvd screens put into the headrests, so they obviously know about there safety issue.Don't make my mistake. Buy another brand of mini van stay away from the routon. There is numerous amounts of problems with this vehichle and the one I mentioned was just one.

Remote start,power 3rd row

DVD screens need a whole redign so the driver can see out the rear view mirror,NAV way below par,the premium sound system is a joke, the back up camera is terrible.The seats are not comfortable.The car is just very cheaply made.The road noise is not good either.

So Far, So Good!
By Spartan08

2010 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned this van for about 3 moths now. We love everything about it except for the gas mileage. We drive about 800 miles a week so gas mileage is very important to us. We are averaging about 20 miles/gallon. When we bought this van, we were a little concerned about the quality. Especially since it is manufactured by Chrysler. The engine components and parts even have Mopar written all over them. So far we haven't had any problems whatsoever. We have learned that even though it is made by Chrysler; it doesn't mean it is a Chrysler. VW has definitelly refined the comfort and style. Our 3 year old loves the entertainment center.

Entertainment center, styling, comfort of the seats and storage space. There are two glove boxes, so it makes it very nice to know that we don't have to shove everything into a small glove box.

Absolutelly nothing.

Great Value Minivan
By ad

2010 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent, Nav (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have previously researched this car for almost 6 months and I just decided to buy it now for a huge incentives (i mean $8400 off from MSRP!). The only downful on this van is that they always attached it with chrysler/dodge. Hey people, we should be proud of our own products. Anyway, based on my analysis, the handling is decent, it has enough power to pass slow moving cars. I dont have problems changing lanes, the side mirror is a good size and its adequately placed. I dont have problems with my blind spot side. It feels that you are in control in the road. My family loves it. Dont get the overpriced Sienna and Odyssey. Save your extra money for vacation.

We love the 2 DVD screen features on this vehicle. The navigation is doing its job. (hate those portable NAVI anyway). This vehicle comes with a leatherete seat which is way better than cloth. The seats are very comfortable, it hugs your back (literally). The second row seat reclines 180 degrees.

Update the backup camera resolution. Second seat row should be as versatile as the competitors.

Exelent Van
By Enrriquillo

2010 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Driving to NY from South Carolina tree times, 12 hours trip, very confortable and nice to drive. Not very noisy inside. Gas in average, I would like one with engine TDI. Sound system ok. Captain seats very comfortable for long trips.

Cruise control works nice. Leader seats and seats very confortable. Cargo capacity.

A TDI engine. 4x4 capability.