2010 Volkswagen Routan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:
Best Bang for your Buck
By First VW on 06/11/10 18:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My family out grew our SUV and there was no way I was buying a new super- sized suv/crossover. After doing some research, test-drives, and haggling, we fell for the VW. Turns out you can buy the VW with better handling, interior materials, and appeal for a similar price as the Chrysler/Dodge counterpart (and ~3k less than Toyota/Honda). I have owned and been happy with previous Dodge and Jeep purchases, so the fact that it's half Chrysler did not bother us.

Best minivan
By rich on 06/03/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped around and this van is by far the best in looks and comfort. It is my first VW but will not be my last.

Hint of Euro Style + Great Price = Win
By Came back to VW on 05/31/10 22:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Routan S 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Our family comes from a long line of VWs. We've owned Bugs, 2 Sciroccos, a Vanagon, Passat, Golf, and yes even a Thing! That being said we've strayed away from the VW brand for the past 15 years, mainly because we felt there were other better choices. Recently, we decided to give the Routan a chance, basically because of the attractive pricing. It was discounted by almost $6,000. OK, we all know that this a badge-engineered Chrysler and I've seen both the Grand Caravan and Town & Country up close. The Routan has a distinctly European flair about it. Bottom line: We paid the same price as a Dodge but got a great VW in return. It definitely has a more upscale feel compared to Chrysler.

Not as promised
By Ben on 05/11/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Routan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

So here is the skinny on this - If you promise something, stand behind it and deliver - does not matter who the company is. The reason we switched from a SUV to a Minivan was because the gas mileage was supposed to be so much better 17/25. Instead I am getting similar mileage to the 7 passenger SUV that we had before this. 13/19 My wife loved her SUV and I convinced her that this would save us money on the gas, instead I feel like a fool but that is because, I / we were lied to and deceived.

Love this Minivan
By 2010 Routan on 05/06/10 20:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great minivan for the choices that are out there. I feel like I am driving a van with style over the boring Honda, Toyota, and Kia models. This van offers the space I need with style. I know this van is made by Chrysler, but I like that it has the VW tag on it. It's a good choice for the van options out there. I could not be happier with this car!

It must be love.
By unwynde on 05/05/10 02:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent, Nav (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

What's not to love on this vehicle. It has every feature imaginable for a reasonable price. Navigation, mp3, pics, power doors, dvd w/rear ent., satellite radio, wifi, backup camera, hands free phone audio, premium leather, shades. One couldn't ask for more. Mind you, I said I would never buy a minivan. I test drove this vehicle while I waited during the paperwork process for another vehicle. I was sold. My husband, myself, +5 children, and we still have room for the in-laws.

Mini Van
By Niki_baby on 03/26/10 10:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Routan S 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This van is great for the family its wonderful for the kids and it has plenty of room. My kids love this van they are always saying that it is the most roomy and they are super comfortable in this van. I use this for my kids when they have sports it has all the room i need to carry all the chairs and all the other equipment that's fio sure any big family would love this car. i know we do this is the best van ever. Pricing is good to. its very fair and i love that it was cheep enough for a woman with 7 kids :)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Routan in VA is:

$107 per month*