2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:
Very Pleased with our SEL Routan
By stjohns on 12/20/10 16:09 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

After over a year of trouble free ownership we can recommend the Routan as a high quality family frendly van. Feature and handling have been 1st class. VW carefree service at zero cost is risk free. A lot of after market products can be purchased at great prices thanks to T & C sibling. to high volume siblings at Chysler.

Disapointed
By Uber on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Drives and rides well for a minivan. Motor and transmission seem OK. This van has had many recalls and just stopped tonight all the lights / electronics went out and the motor died. We drifted off the road - it restarted. It already rattles / fan belts squeak Drivers side window doesn't work. DVD screens block rear view mirror. Feels cheap. AC really isn't cold for a brand new car. Something is wrong with the tuning the fuel economy is not nearly what it is rated for. VW put lipstick on this pig. Do more research before you buy one.

DON'T buy a routon, BIG safety issue.
By BoMom on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased the Routon SEL premium from jersey village Volkswagan in houston TX. I paid $37,000 for there top of the line routon. The dvd screens in the routon block the entire view from your rear view mirror,it is a huge safety hazard. Frankly this vehicle needs to be recalled before there are numerous accidents asssociated with this major design flaw.The dealership which is owned by sonic automotive even offered to have dvd screens put into the headrests, so they obviously know about there safety issue.Don't make my mistake. Buy another brand of mini van stay away from the routon. There is numerous amounts of problems with this vehichle and the one I mentioned was just one.

Tarted up Chrysler eh? Worth a look
By Paul on 07/12/10 16:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at Siennas and Odysseys, however Toyota weren't willing to offer a whole lot in terms of incentives and I knew the Honda was due for a replacement model, so that kept it out of the running. I preferred the look and interior materials of the VW to the Chrysler. In addition, we got one heck of a good price for a loaded SEL Premium. So far, it's been perfect for the wife and the kids - she prefers the three rows of accessible seats, compared to our old CUV (Mazda CX-9) Time will tell on the reliability front.

Not as promised
By Ben on 05/11/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

So here is the skinny on this - If you promise something, stand behind it and deliver - does not matter who the company is. The reason we switched from a SUV to a Minivan was because the gas mileage was supposed to be so much better 17/25. Instead I am getting similar mileage to the 7 passenger SUV that we had before this. 13/19 My wife loved her SUV and I convinced her that this would save us money on the gas, instead I feel like a fool but that is because, I / we were lied to and deceived.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan in VA is:

$116 per month*