Used 2010 Volkswagen Routan S Minivan Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Routan model:

Hint of Euro Style + Great Price = Win
By Came back to VW

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Our family comes from a long line of VWs. We've owned Bugs, 2 Sciroccos, a Vanagon, Passat, Golf, and yes even a Thing! That being said we've strayed away from the VW brand for the past 15 years, mainly because we felt there were other better choices. Recently, we decided to give the Routan a chance, basically because of the attractive pricing. It was discounted by almost $6,000. OK, we all know that this a badge-engineered Chrysler and I've seen both the Grand Caravan and Town & Country up close. The Routan has a distinctly European flair about it. Bottom line: We paid the same price as a Dodge but got a great VW in return. It definitely has a more upscale feel compared to Chrysler.

Sheer value, built much better than its American cousins. Looks like a million bucks next other comparable minivans out there. Lots of storage space, comfy seats, a reclining third row seat. We cross shopped Toyota and Honda and their similar models were severely stripped and still cost more.

I know that the Routan is stigmatized by its Chrysler roots but give it a chance like we did and you won't regret it. As for improvements, I suppose all models should get the 4.0 V6 standard. It would have been great too if alloys were standard with the S model. Other than that, it's a great van!

Mini Van
By Niki_baby

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This van is great for the family its wonderful for the kids and it has plenty of room. My kids love this van they are always saying that it is the most roomy and they are super comfortable in this van. I use this for my kids when they have sports it has all the room i need to carry all the chairs and all the other equipment that's fio sure any big family would love this car. i know we do this is the best van ever. Pricing is good to. its very fair and i love that it was cheep enough for a woman with 7 kids :)

The inside and the room

None its perfect that fer sure