2009 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Review: Stay away... Don't buy this ca

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Review

Stay away... Don't buy this car!!!
By baseball33 on

2009 Volkswagen Routan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first VW and my last. From the moment I bought this van I have had it in the for repairs. Or should I say I take it in for repairs but the van is never fixed. The sliding doors are extremely damerous. My chidlren are scared to get in & out. It hit my arm and let a nice bruse. Brakes and roaters have been replaced three times and still do not work right. Power seats have a mind of their own. And the paint job is horrible, one little bump the paint falls off. Spoiler has had to be completely re-painted. Now it doesn't start all the time. Wow. I don't have enough characters to explain what is all wrong. VW customer service isn't much help, suggested buy new VW van. No thank u

Entertainment Center

Start over from Scratch and fix the brakes and sliding doors before someone gets hurt.
By mominfl
on 10/10/11 08:12 AM (PDT)

Unfortunately I have to agree with baseball33, and my last car was a chrysler pacifica. I have the SEL with everything on it and it has 42,000 miles on it. I have continuous issues with the breaks and the doors. I do enjoy driving it when everything is working. I test drove every minivan out there and the Routan had the best performance. I hope they can fix the door and break issues once and for all.

By skjax
on 05/31/13 21:28 PM (PDT)

Did anyone ever solve their starting problem? I have 63K 09' Routan with a new starter, ignition, and key fobs..in 10 months. Now...acting up,already, just two days with new keys. I cannot trade or sell this car without revealing this issue ...just want to fix so I can get rid of it with clear conscience!

By lisam2
on 08/10/12 17:57 PM (PDT)

My '09 Routan wasn't starting periodically...turned out it's the starter. Van has 49k miles on it and of course it's not covered under warranty. Cost me $500. These days there is no reason for something like that to go bad on a car under 100k miles. I've always owned Hondas in the past and never had to spend a dime other than scheduled maintenance until it was over 120k miles. I will never buy another Routan.