2009 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Review: The Best One

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Review

The Best One
By Thegooddriver on

2009 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have test-driven and researched different minivans for months before buying one and when I decided to, the Routan came out. At first, I was hesitant for it's a Chrysler-made minivan. I test-drove it and find it to be much better and the best for many reasons: it runs very smoothly, the suspensions absorb rough and uneven surfaces on HWYs very well and road noise isn't noticeable at all compared to the Odyssey. It also looks more sophisticated than other minivans. It definitely feels VW. Maybe, with VW and Chrysler combined, you can't go wrong, especially in this century. People nowadays rarely keep their cars for decades, so if for any reason this vehicle won't last, I won't worry.

The 6-CD/DVD Stereo that's capable of playing WMA files. I can burn at least 650 songs (uncompressed quality) on a single DVD. This works better than placing an Ipod/MP3 player in AUX input.

Fog lamps or at least wiring harness on SE models. Having the wiring harness installed can cost $400-$600.