2009 Volkswagen Routan 4.0L V6 6-speed Automatic w/Rear Seat Entertainment Consumer Review - Style, room and features! Get

2009 Volkswagen Routan - Consumer Review

SEL Passenger Minivan (4.0L V6 6-speed Automatic w/Rear Seat Entertainment)

Style, room and features! Get the Routan
By Sammie on

2009 Volkswagen Routan SEL 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Entertainment (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I think most professional car reviewers forget that most people who buy a minivan want features, space and comfort. The Routan has it all and it looks better than its Chrysler cousins both inside and out. Drives better too. The second row seats may not have the flexibility of the T&C but they have more comfort and the storage is still there which is the biggest selling point for me. I do wish the second row seats could be adjusted forward and aft but my boys (the third row occupants) are happy their sister can no longer squish their legs. I drove just about every minivan on the market and the Routan had the best mix of looks, comfort and features. Cheaper than the T&C and Odyssey too.

Favorite Features

Dual DVDs, first and second row heated seats, rearview camera, tons of storage, led lights

Suggested Improvements

VW style blue lights on the dash, adjustable second row seats, standard roof rack on SEL, ability to get more options ala carte, dark tan leather...its pretty but oh so light, standard 115V with RSE, 4 headphones and two remotes w/ dual DVD system. TDI would be great!