Stay away... Don't buy this car!!!
By baseball33 on
2009 Volkswagen Routan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)
This was my first VW and my last. From the moment I bought this van I have had it in the for repairs. Or should I say I take it in for repairs but the van is never fixed. The sliding doors are extremely damerous. My chidlren are scared to get in & out. It hit my arm and let a nice bruse. Brakes and roaters have been replaced three times and still do not work right. Power seats have a mind of their own. And the paint job is horrible, one little bump the paint falls off. Spoiler has had to be completely re-painted. Now it doesn't start all the time. Wow. I don't have enough characters to explain what is all wrong. VW customer service isn't much help, suggested buy new VW van. No thank u
Favorite Features
Entertainment Center
Suggested Improvements
Start over from Scratch and fix the brakes and sliding doors before someone gets hurt.
By mominfl
on 10/10/11 08:12 AM (PDT)

Unfortunately I have to agree with baseball33, and my last car was a chrysler pacifica. I have the SEL with everything on it and it has 42,000 miles on it. I have continuous issues with the breaks and the doors. I do enjoy driving it when everything is working. I test drove every minivan out there and the Routan had the best performance. I hope they can fix the door and break issues once and for all.

By lisam2
on 08/10/12 17:57 PM (PDT)

My '09 Routan wasn't starting periodically...turned out it's the starter. Van has 49k miles on it and of course it's not covered under warranty. Cost me $500. These days there is no reason for something like that to go bad on a car under 100k miles. I've always owned Hondas in the past and never had to spend a dime other than scheduled maintenance until it was over 120k miles. I will never buy another Routan.

By skjax
on 05/31/13 21:28 PM (PDT)

Did anyone ever solve their starting problem? I have 63K 09' Routan with a new starter, ignition, and key fobs..in 10 months. Now...acting up,already, just two days with new keys. I cannot trade or sell this car without revealing this issue ...just want to fix so I can get rid of it with clear conscience!