Turn and never look back
By tn_sunshyne on
2009 Volkswagen Routan SEL 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Entertainment (4.0L 6cyl 6A)
This van has been plagued by numerous problems, rotor/ brake issues (replaced 4 times on the front and 2 times on the rear), check engine light/ thermostat issues 4 times, drivers side window problems, remote start problems. Has been in dealer repair shop for more then 30 days since owning it 15 months. Poor gas mileage. Trying to enforce the Lemon Law. It may be pretty on the inside and outside, but buyer beware, once warranty goes out,it's going to cost a lot to keep this vehicle on the road. This is not German Engineering at its finest. My Nissan Quest I traded for this was way better and more reliable then this van. I've learned my lesson the hard way and an expensive one at that!
Favorite Features
The blue tooth/ hands free driving, the duel DVD entertainment package, the "monster" hardrive that can store 1,000's of CD's. Great storage. Steering wheel.
Suggested Improvements
Redesign the rotors/brakes, more leg room in the second row, makes it very uncomfy for taller people seated there, 3rd row uncomfy as well. Just disappointed in the overall quaility and reliability!