NOT a Dodge or Chrysler with a VW badge
By devnic on
2009 Volkswagen Routan S 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)
I am qualified to make the above statement as I own a Chrysler Town & Country and have driven the Dodge Grand Caravan several times prior to purchasing my Routan. Anyone who thinks this is the same car as the Dodge or Chrysler is sadly mistaken. The seats in the VW are definitely VW - more firm than the mushy seats of the other two. The engine on the base Routan which I have- the S- is the 3.8L Chrysler engine - not the 3.3L on the base Town & Country or Dodge. The interior design and the driving experience are VW. I have owned more than 6 VWs over the past 20 years and this van feels, looks and acts like a VW. Sharing an engine and body panels w/the other two make it no less a VW.
Favorite Features
VW styling, fit & finish, performance in a large family hauler at a lower price than comparable similarly equipped competitors. All the safety features come standard - front & side curtain airbags, ESP, ABS. Standard S model leaves nothing to be desired for a safe & fun family vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Not sure I like the location of the shifter on the dash. Wish the S had fog lamps.