2009 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Review: My wife and I love this miniva

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Review

My wife and I love this minivan!
By Laine Adrian on

2009 Volkswagen Routan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We looked and looked for 3 months prior to settling with the VW. I am a German car fanatic and had only owned Mercedes and VWs in my recent past. My wife was more open so we looked at the different brands. The need for a minivan came apparent when our second child arrived and between two child seats and all the "stuff" that you need, our sedan had been outgrown. The Routan felt more comfortable, more powerful, my wife really likes the amenities that it has and how it handles. VW, Honda and Toyota models do compete however, the VW takes the title for looks, comfort, performance and style. I've seen cites comparing the Routan with Kia and honestly, they aren't even in the same league.

Leather is plush, seats comfy, the navigation/media center is awesome. Performance is also great, less than 9 seconds 0-60 in a minivan! I'll be honest, I take it grocery shopping when it's my turn and do it with a smile, I don't feel like I've lost my German machine bond, this is a superb van.

The Routan came with Bridgestone Turanza tires which are not a good match for the 4.0 L engine. My wife (not I) makes them screech often. I wish I had paid attention to the tires prior to delivery to have them exchanged. It is only a minor complaint from a Michelin man.