2009 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Review: Keep Looking

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Review

Keep Looking
By HereWeGo1 on

2009 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Entertainment (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This Routan seemed to be a perfect fit. Very stylish, comfortable to ride in and best of all its European, at least until you look a little closer. The truth of the matter is that this van is made in Canada at a Chrysler plant. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. At about 700 miles the passenger side headlight began filling with moisture. The automatic doors do whatever they want, whenever they want. I woke up one morning to the side of our new van wide open getting soaked in the pouring rain. The power windows are very sporadic. Sometimes they work, most times they donít. Our rear bumper began pulling away from the body of the vehicle.

Apparently there are 3 manufactures recalls, the bumper being one of them. This is just a full on disappointment. This vehicle was not cheap by any means, but I do not feel safe putting my family in this.

The worst part of all is that the dealer is telling us that they canít even get the parts to fix the headlight or the computer system because itís been back ordered. That tells me that this is not just an isolated case.