2009 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Review: It lets you keep your masculin

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Review

It lets you keep your masculinity
By willida on

2009 Volkswagen Routan SEL 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Entertainment (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Routan SEL. The ride and the steering feel different enough to get you excited. It's not a Ferrari, but at least it doesn't drive and look like a Mommy wagon. The power doors are a godsend. So are the wireless headphones. The only drawback in my case is that they supply 2 headphones but I have 3 kids. I also like the 3-zone automatic A/C. The 4.0L gets the best gas mileage of all mini-vans sold in America, according to the EPA. I'm not seeing that kind of gas mileage yet, but the engine only has 950 miles on it, and most of our driving has been less than 10 miles at a time.

Dual Rear Entertainment System. U-Connect bluetooth phone connection. Large HDD built in to store MP3s and pics. 4.0L engine Heated front AND middle seats. Handling and steering. Appearance. 13 cupholders. Umbrella pocket.

A TDI Diesel would make it a slam dunk. Chrysler is now building RHD mini-vans with diesels at the Windsor plant. Maybe we could get one too.