A Dodge with VW emblem
By Kfry on
2009 Volkswagen Routan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)
Purchased for cross country trip and move to Hawaii. When the vehicle arrived at the dealership (we ordered it to our specs) we were excited. That didn't last long as the steering pulled left. Dealer tried to fix but unsuccessful and we were stuck with it pulling slightly left (don't take your hands off the wheel!) The drive cross country went well. In Hawaii we started have transmission problems. We took it to the dealer 4 times and had the trans replaced twice. It seems to work now. Horrible gas mileage. How can VW tout this van as one of their products. I have owned 2 other VW and loved them. This was the biggest purchase mistake I have made. If I wanted a Dodge I would have gotten one.
Favorite Features
bought a Dodge. Nav system is nice but the blue tooth acts up all the time. Tried the lemon law but the corp office HQ just gave us the run around; they offered to pay 2 of our monthly payments if we would just go away. I wanted them to take the van back... no dice. Don't buy this van!
Suggested Improvements
Adjustable arm rest on driver's seat. Adjustable middle seats. Make a real VW van that you are truly proud to call a VW rather than this piece of junk. Please email me and say you will work out a reasonable deal to trade this in for a real VW product. No one wants these vans for trade-ins.