2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:
Its a Chrysler Town and Country
By Barb on 08/06/09 18:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Entertainment (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I vowed to never own a Chrysler product have having 2 lemons. So far nothing major has gone wrong. The brake petal squeaks, the doors are creaky, and the back bumper panel is coming off. The entertainment center is top notch, one of the best I have seen. the storage is great. Gas mileage has been horrible, 14 MPG in the city and 22 MPG on all freeway driving. I am getting better gas mileage in my truck.

So Far So good
By VWDriver on 08/06/09 13:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My Routan now has 9,500 miles, but so far so good. I recently traveled 156 miles (according to MapQuest) with a full tank. During our travel I stopped at a gas station at the destination and filled up the tank again out of curiosity--exactly 3 gallons was consumed for the 78-mile (one-way) trip. My Routan has averaged 26 MPG on HWY. I'm not sure whether it improved because of my mild driving habit or the expensive gas from Chevron. Still, it is awesome to know it has better MPG than Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey, even w/ its VCM Feature. This van has also been very comfortable--a typical asset of VWs.

Regretful
By Pal on 08/02/09 09:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL CARB 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Entertainment (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

After extensive research, we opted with VW 2009 Routan SEL/w RSE because of the interior design, engine, reputation of German vehicles, offered discounts and largely for the 0% (zero percent) financing for 72 months. Although we like the Van, the Chrysler/Dodge engineering prevails over the VW quality and reliability. We owned the vehicle for a little over a month and we already have few problems. Within a week of purchase, the Van starts making a huge cloud of smoke and oily mixture comes out of the exhaust pipe whenever the engine is turned on. The dealer said that the PVC-valve has to be replaced in addition to few other things. Then when it rains, water gets into the headlight assem

First Mini-Van
By love-the-routan on 07/20/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first mini-van and I am more than happy. The price was very fair compared to competitors and the ride is so smooth. Visually, I believe it is the best out there.

VW Routan is King!
By James on 07/17/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

We bought this van a month ago and have put over 2000 miles on it already. It rides and performs very well and I would recommend this to anybody. The rear entertainment system or VES as they call it is the best with two boys. The van is comfortable to ride and handles very much like a car. We test drove the Chrysler and then the VW and wow what a big difference. If anybody is looking for a minivan you must look at this. VW was offering some great rebates on the van as well and we saved over 10,000 dollars off MSRP!

Beware of this beauty...
By VW-BAD on 07/07/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 09 Routan SEL for around 4 mo and about 4000 miles and disappointed does not begin to describe my state of mind!!! My brakes have been squealing since about the 1000 mile mark and it is "normal" according to a qualified technician. Both of my sliding doors have given me numerous problems, including not closing properly and I have come back to a vehicle with an open door. Gas mileage is atrocious. This vehicle has been a nightmare to deal with (especially with two young kids). Yes it is beautiful, but at what price?

We like it very much, but not typical VW
By lenny97 on 06/21/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL CARB 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We have the Routan for 10 days now and are very happy with it. Glad to have the 4.0l engine. We are from Europe and had a VW Eurovan TDI. Unfortunately this not in the US lineup. The Routan might be german tuned, but still gives a American ride feeling. It ist very comfortable and quiet.

Great Van
By routan_lover on 06/16/09 21:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL CARB 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We love this Van. It is roomy, quiet and so comfortable that my little one will fall asleep in minutes right after she gets in the van. We have tried Odysey with too much road noises and don't like the design of sienna. The SEL model is well equipped.

Outstanding!
By AdamR on 06/15/09 18:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium CARB 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This van is an eye-catcher! There is not a single thing left to want on this van. Harddrive, folding 3rd row (power), and more storage than a cargo ship. The A/C in the 3rd row is just as good as the front and the fact every door is powered, incredible. If you're looking for a van, and you don't check this out, you've seen nothing but the average. LOOK at this superior vehicle... HOLY SMOKES!

our first Mini-Van
By First Minivan on 06/12/09 17:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was impressed with the introduction of the Routan, as my wife and I love VW and we own a Jetta we went for the routan to be our family car. we never thought we would ever get a minivan but we did as the routan is very stylish inside and out. we got the 4,0 V6 engin and it is worth it as the 3.8 had slugish acceleration. the van is fun to drive, lots of room, sun roof but no Entertaiment system.. it was worth it to get the bigger engein as that can not be changed once bought.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan in VA is:

$130 per month*