2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:
Routan is fun & trouble free family van
By stjohns on 12/31/12 12:41 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We have enjoyed our VW Routan SEL. Quick acceleration and outstanding handling are feature we are most impressed with. The layout and functionality is family friendly. Power door & lift gate are flawless and convenient.

Sporty cruiser for the family
By groovyvwroutan on 09/02/11 13:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned our SEL for 2 years. Totally satisfied with this spirted and practical vehicle. VW no cost service is excellent and makes the experience of owning a Routan easy. We have had zero out of pocket except gas. We will go back in a few years and get another VW. Leather is nice.

Stay away... Don't buy this car!!!
By baseball33 on 07/29/11 06:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first VW and my last. From the moment I bought this van I have had it in the for repairs. Or should I say I take it in for repairs but the van is never fixed. The sliding doors are extremely damerous. My chidlren are scared to get in & out. It hit my arm and let a nice bruse. Brakes and roaters have been replaced three times and still do not work right. Power seats have a mind of their own. And the paint job is horrible, one little bump the paint falls off. Spoiler has had to be completely re-painted. Now it doesn't start all the time. Wow. I don't have enough characters to explain what is all wrong. VW customer service isn't much help, suggested buy new VW van. No thank u

Great Van
By J on 04/25/10 09:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This van is amazing.To bad it looks so much like a chrysler product, I think that really hurts it credibility. I spent 2 weeks in Sanfrancisco area and never saw one any where not even on my 1,200 mile drive there, nor have I seen one in washington where I live.This van is amazing, drives like a dream and is very comfortable for my fam of 6. The 4.0 v6 has lots of power and shifts so smooth, it has a raspy exaust that reminds me of an infinity suv. The projector beam head lamps turn night into day. I told my wife its vary funny that I sit and boast about my van as my friend is boasting about his new Lexus IS 250... I guess the van makes me forget I am driving a van,, I am impressed.

Cool Family hauler
By St John on 04/22/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We love the Routan or as my wife named it Rudy. So many family frendly features. The style is unique, sporty and not too common. GET the 4.0 v6 w/ 6 speed. The engine is quick and smooth. We get 22 mpg on hwy & 18 city. VW has been great to work with too.

Used Routan
By fq on 01/03/10 16:26 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased routan because my wife did not want a minivan feel. This certainly does not, great suspension, reasonable engine, great technology with dual rear seat entertainment. I wanted the Sienna but my wife did not like the cush drive. The routan is tight but not rough.

Cool Ride
By Right on 11/03/09 17:15 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife LOVES the Routon and it's cool enough for dad too. Great layout in seats and consoles. Quick, smooth and excellent visibility with reasonable value. It is a family cruiser with class.We have had brakes replaced by VW at NO charge and no hassle. VW people are good to work with

Great so far
By Sean on 11/02/09 09:50 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

So far, we love this van. We have put 4,000 miles on it. The seats on this van are very comfortable and it has plenty of power. Performance is fantastic and it takes sharp corners like a well-tuned sedan. Gas mileage does fantastic on the highway (27 mpg), but it only gets 14.7mpg in the city wthen the A/C is running. Rear ceiling height is a problem if you get the moon roof. The moon roof needs room to slide back, so you lose several inches of ceiling height. This means that the rear seat TV is low enough to block the rear view mirror and that the rear seats can't tip forward because they hit the ceiling. We have had four 8 hour trips with the family and we loved every minute.

Needs to be more of a VW
By RAS5 on 08/30/09 08:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a nice van and I am happy with it for the most part. I do wish the two following improvements arte made. 1) needs to be a bit sharper on handling and have a more european ride 2) where is the wonderful 3.0 TDI engine to improve economy?. I bet sales will double if that engine was available.

Really Nice Van
By Bob S on 04/10/09 14:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Compared to my 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L, this is a great van! Much quieter on the road, better seats, and we don't see ourselves coming and going everywhere. The Honda doesn't have the toys either. The power passenger seat is especially important to my wife.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan in WA is:

$126 per month*