Used 2009 Volkswagen Routan SEL Premium Minivan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:

Routan is fun & trouble free family van
By stjohns

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We have enjoyed our VW Routan SEL.
Quick acceleration and outstanding handling are feature we are most impressed with.
The layout and functionality is family friendly.
Power door & lift gate are flawless and convenient.

1)Handling 2) smooth engine 3) Cargo & seating 4) unique design, not too common 5) Zero cost VW maintenance 6) Favorite kid hauler

Pentastar V6 is great addition

Sporty cruiser for the family
By groovyvwroutan

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned our SEL for 2 years. Totally satisfied with this spirted and practical vehicle.
VW no cost service is excellent and makes the experience of owning a Routan easy. We have had zero out of pocket except gas. We will go back in a few years and get another VW.

Leather is nice.

Handling is 1st class. Easy for the kids to load in & out. Storage and seating are well though out. Fuel economy is much better than our SUVs. 4.0 v6 is quick. New Pentastar looks good too.

I miss the days when a well equipped car was $18 K. Bring that back.

Stay away... Don't buy this car!!!
By baseball33

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first VW and my last.
From the moment I bought this van I have had it in the for repairs.
Or should I say I take it in for repairs but the van is never fixed.
The sliding doors are extremely damerous.
My chidlren are scared to get in & out. It hit my arm and let a nice bruse. Brakes and roaters have been replaced three times and still do not work right.
Power seats have a mind of their own.
And the paint job is horrible, one little bump the paint falls off. Spoiler has had to be completely re-painted.
Now it doesn't start all the time. Wow. I don't have enough characters to explain what is all wrong. VW customer service isn't much help, suggested buy new VW van. No thank u

Entertainment Center

Start over from Scratch and fix the brakes and sliding doors before someone gets hurt.

Great Van
By J

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This van is amazing.To bad it looks so much like a chrysler product, I think that really hurts it credibility. I spent 2 weeks in Sanfrancisco area and never saw one any where not even on my 1,200 mile drive there, nor have I seen one in washington where I live.This van is amazing, drives like a dream and is very comfortable for my fam of 6. The 4.0 v6 has lots of power and shifts so smooth, it has a raspy exaust that reminds me of an infinity suv. The projector beam head lamps turn night into day. I told my wife its vary funny that I sit and boast about my van as my friend is boasting about his new Lexus IS 250... I guess the van makes me forget I am driving a van,, I am impressed.

Projector beam headlamps, and the sound of the exaust,

Looks to much like a dodge product.

Cool Family hauler
By St John

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We love the Routan or as my wife named it Rudy. So many family frendly features. The style is unique, sporty and not too common. GET the 4.0 v6 w/ 6 speed. The engine is quick and smooth. We get 22 mpg on hwy & 18 city. VW has been great to work with too.

Power doors w/ operable windows.

TDI maybe.