Well worth it.
By Shakecakes on
2009 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
The handling is still a little unresponsive, but VW definitely put some thought into this car. Fuel mileage is a little bad but coming from 20/27 I'm good. There are little easter eggs in this car that a good run-through should show. Stereo system could be improved, as it sounds like I'm listening through two old computer speakers, but who buys the base and expects premium sound? Radio reception and sound are much better than I expected. The back seat is big enough to fit maybe one person comfortably, but don't through two adults back there. Also you don't even notice the lack of arm rest if you decide to opt out of the iPod dock. But that's more a personal preference. All in all, get it.
Favorite Features
Unique features that are hidden in the car; the black cloth interior is really nice; makes me feel like I'm driving a sports car. Oh and the PONIES. This thing has some nice kick for a small car, so don't underestimate it when you tail behind in traffic.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy (I hate to repeat what others have said) and the steering wheel response are my two only gripes, but it's the best car for the buck out there today. If they would have made the front of the car a bit different than the Jetta, that would have also been nice.