Just about perfect!
By Eric on
2009 Volkswagen Rabbit S PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
In my family we own an 09 Rabbit and 08 Mazda 3. They are truly both fantastic cars. Both are equipped pretty much the same and they both cost the same (just about 17K). My wife drives the Mazda and she loves it however I am a good size guy and I find the Rabbit's seat goes back further and has more thigh support (and overall room). The Mazda gets better gas mileage but the Rabbit has better acceleration so in my opinion the lower MPG is a fair trade. Both handle extremely well and are a lot of fun to drive however the Rabbit is a little more quiet overall. The Mazda has one of the nicest stearing wheels I have ever seen on any car.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable seats and driving position. Excellent automatic transmission. Excellent handling. Every car should have heated seats! Everyone should have a small hatchback. So versatile!
Suggested Improvements
Center console should be finished better. MPG display like last years model. The seatbelts are really hard to reach on two door model. Stearing wheel controls (but the VW stearing wheel is also cool in a simple way).