2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: High quality, nice features, a

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

S PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

High quality, nice features, and fun
By Eric on

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit S PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I had a 2006 Rabbit for a short time (it was totaled in an accident), which influenced my decision to buy my 2009 Rabbit recently. The Rabbit feels like a solid, well-built car. It's a fun car to drive, with its 170 horsepower and the 6-speed Tiptronic transmission. The controls are easy to use, and the layout is logical. The seats are comfortable, and the interior is roomy. I like the overall look of the Rabbit, inside and out. I like the features, too. The stereo sounds great and is easy to use. Standard Electronic Stability Program is a nice touch. The engine is smooth and seems quieter than my 2006 Rabbit. Fuel economy could be better. iPod operation is buggy and not intuitive.

Horsepower (170), 6-speed Tiptronic transmission, rear window wiper, sunroof, roomy & comfortable interior

Fuel economy could be better. iPod operation doesn't always work too well and could use improvement - it would be nice if it showed song artists & names with the iPod and also let you navigate the music on your iPod the way the iPod does.