2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Fun little car

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Review

Fun little car
By Paul on

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. I went from a pickup truck to the Rabbit. I didn't realize what a dog my truck was until driving the Rabbit every day. It's quick, shifts great, handles tight, fast lane changes are easy and smooth. I wanted a Mini Cooper S and the Rabbit gives me that sporty agile ride. I would not trade hp for better mileage. The engine is Great. Took a road trip on Thanksgiving and enjoyed the car. The cruise controls and audio controls were very intuitive and after a couple hundred miles I didn't miss them not being in the steering wheel. Its a very nice wheel so don't not buy the car just because the controls are not in it. You will forget about it quickly enough!

New to me the bump turn signal and you get 3 blinks, fabulous all cars should have it. The windows one click up & down is nice. Love the hatch opening handle, don't know why some dis it because it's one finger lift and it looks cool. Steering wheel is sweet. Vents under the seats are nice. 4whdiscb

More powerful amp for the 10 spks with std audio. Get rid of that plastic cover on the engine! That would pay for a larger amp. Gas tank fill door on driver's side. Right side armrest would be nice and standard lumbar for the driver. Oh yeah a big one the seat tilt knob sucks, lever release faster.