2009 Volkswagen Rabbit 2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - VW could have done better

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

VW could have done better
By Hudi on

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The exterior of this car is quite nice, following the the line of the Golf. The interior is very well designed and finished much better than other cars in the class. The car is much roomier than it seems, the legroom and headroom in the back is great. The seats are poorly designed without proper lumber support that's why I'm rating it low. The ride is very nice, the suspension is just right. Thanks to the multilink suspension in the back, the car corners like no others. The engine is the biggest flaw of this car, it's not powerful enough but the gas millage is not that great. I wonder why they didn't install a better European engine with similar power but better fuel millage.

Favorite Features

nice look, very nice suspension and handling. Interior design is top of the class

Suggested Improvements

VW should either install a more powerful or economical engine, the current one is a bad blend. The stereo system is pretty bad as well.
By milkman128
on 06/07/14 09:16 AM (PDT)

I needed my transmission replaced at 79K, makes me think the power train as a hole might not be able to handle a better engine