2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Almost perfect

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Almost perfect
By Schwe1nhund on

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Excellent car that handles extremely well on the road. Negotiates curves like a charm. I got this after wrecking my 07 Mazda 3 (through no fault of my own). The Mazda was a good car, but this one blows it out of the water. The Rabbit offers a smoother ride, a tighter turn radius, and generally a better grip on the road. Also, the Mazda is more expensive if you add all the features that is standard in the Rabbit. Its worth mentioning that because of this car's higher safety rating, my insurance went down significantly. From the outside, the car looks simple, but in my opinion that simplicity gives it a more distinguished look. The laser welded body is a big plus.

-German design and build quality. -170 horses - turn radius - handling - full spare tire - ample room in the front (I drive alone 85% of the time. Definitely not a family car). - Standard ESP - standard safety features (a big plus since I got into the aforementioned car wreck).

-Front center armrest should be a standard item...I like resting my right arm from time to time. -Audio bass is a little weak. -Glove compartment could use a few extra cubic inches. -Bigger side mirrors would be welcome -Terrible blind spot. -Unacceptable fuel economy for a car in this class.