2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
Achtung!
By KD on 10/01/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Very nice! I love my 2009 Rabbit. Its fun, it's swift and surprisingly roomy. It fits 2 adults in the back quite nicely. I don't know who the previous reviewer was trying to fit in his 2 door! I have had 3 girlfriends squeeze in the back! I wanted all the standard safety features. Mazda 3 does not offer ESP standard. Even after reading all the bad reviews of the previous models with electronic breakdowns, i still got the Bunny and I love it!

Bang for your buck
By dsmtuner on 09/26/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is an amazing car to get. I paid 17,325 and got a lot of excellent features. This car feels good to drive in, and when your already tired from driving, the car wont get you more tired. 10 speaker German sound, will wake you up. For a 2009, this is more likely the best car to get. Gas is the issue, but for the performance and comfort, it's well worth it. I am a mechanic and it seems to that this car is excellent for every day driver. Engine temp stays at 190*f and even on 12 hour drives it does. Highest mpg was 28 so far. This car has the same concept of the VW golf. But way better

Well worth it.
By Shakecakes on 08/29/08 11:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The handling is still a little unresponsive, but VW definitely put some thought into this car. Fuel mileage is a little bad but coming from 20/27 I'm good. There are little easter eggs in this car that a good run-through should show. Stereo system could be improved, as it sounds like I'm listening through two old computer speakers, but who buys the base and expects premium sound? Radio reception and sound are much better than I expected. The back seat is big enough to fit maybe one person comfortably, but don't through two adults back there. Also you don't even notice the lack of arm rest if you decide to opt out of the iPod dock. But that's more a personal preference. All in all, get it.

Sweet car
By Anchoright on 08/25/08 21:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I do a lot of serious driving, and over the years I have found that I need a car that will act like a car and perform like a car, when I demand from it. The Rabbit does just that. You're not bulking around a huge vehicle, and so you are able to zip in and out of the rest of the traffic. The 5 cylinder engine with its 170 hp is plenty powerful enough and the car has a whole lot of get-up-and-go. I got the 5 speed manual version of the Rabbit, because, let's face it, it's the only way to truly drive a VW. You're in command at all times. The air conditioning is great, and it has an excellent 10 speaker quality stereo system, with ipod connect and in-dash CD changer. You need this car.

The Right Choice
By Bob on 08/24/08 20:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I believe the Rabbit is the best buy for the buck. My wife has an A-4 3.2 and this is like a cousin. The German feel. Great acceleration and just simply fun to drive. The Corolla and Civic appear very refined but are just mini town cars. Compare and you have the most features for your dollar. ESP standard in 09.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback in VA is:

$129 per month*