Wascally fun at a weasonable price
By chromewheels on
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
After exhaustive research and test drives, I went with the Rabbit. I bought the 4-door with the manual transmission, which I hear is a combination that won't be available next year. Not to mention I really don't like the looks of the next generation Rabbit. I knew the gas mileage wasn't great before I bought the car, so I'm not all that disappointed. I love the torque, this thing really pulls even from off-idle. The driving position and controls are top notch. I wish the diesel was available when I bought this, would've been a no-brainer. The inline-5 is a weird-sounding engine, not really worth revving up. All in all, I'm happy with it.
Favorite Features
Styling, especially in silver with the 18-inch GTI wheels, tinted windows, and body colored lower rear bumper. Very sexy. I love the torquey engine, and the amazing amount of high-end features you get for the money.
Suggested Improvements
Ho-hum gas mileage. Light gray interior is a dirt magnet, should've gone with darker color. Wheezy-sounding engine. Tough to close rear hatch without touching paint. Tight back seat room. Tedious CD changer loading/unloading process. No fog lights. Door panel rattle. That's about it.