2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Nimble and Fun!

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

Nimble and Fun!
By Jiten on

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought my Shadow Blue 08 Rabbit 2 months ago and driven it 3200 miles. I've already done a 1000 mile road trip and driven my kids to school regularly. I look for reasons to hop in the Bunny and drive. It's really fun to drive and scoots through trafic like a knife through butter. I've driven Toyotas, Mazdas, Hondas and Nissans and while they've been decent cars, nothing comes close to the Rabbit in build quality, interior design, the plethora of features on a base model and best of all the sheer fun factor.

Favorite Features

I LOVE the adjustable arm rest(great for long road trips),which can be extended forward and raised or lowered to fit just right. The 6 disc stereo with MPP3 puts out awesome sound. The glove box cooling vent, the fold flat front passengers seat & additional cup holders in the doors are all great.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more storage spaces (like the Golf equivalent in Europe has)- under seat storage and a small compartment on the dash to the left of the steering column. In addition the mixed gas mileage could be better- I am getting 24mpg. I got 27 hwy on the long road trip. Got 26/30 from my 99 Protege