2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - New Owner

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Review

New Owner
By Rabbit Driver on

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my 5th VW, and I have to say I'm quite impressed with this generation, especially the 2008-2009 with the 170hp engine. The Rabbit offers a GREAT value when compared to it's competitors. Where else do you get 170hp, a slick interior, climate control, power everything, alarm, etc, starting at $16K!? The answer is nowhere. It's no wonder the Rabbit, and it's high performance brother the GTI win nearly every compact car comparison. People who complain about the gas mileage are comparing it to 4 cyl cars making 100-130hp and very little torque. This is a 5 cyl making 170 hp and 177 ft/lbs. The MPG is really on par with it's power output and price range.

Favorite Features

170hp 5cyl, growl, stereo, climatic climate control, fold down seats, cargo space, cornering, power everything, drivers seat that moves up and down, best tiptronic trans I've ever driven with auto, sport, and manumatic modes.

Suggested Improvements

Locking center console, rear seat armrest, 1" lower ride height (like the euro market gets), sportier steering wheel, slightly better brakes.