Love my rabbit
By DBLASVEGAS on
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
The first thing you need to understand about this car is. It's not the most fuel efficient hatchback out there. However it is fun fun fun to drive. If you're like me and performance is important to you, for the price you can't beat it. Drove the Civic lx, ex and Nissan Sentra. Boring by comparison. Nice cars but no power. Suspension is a little soft for me (it rides well though) but what do you want for 16,800 dollars? I have alloy wheels and iPod adapter built in the armrest (with rear seat air vents) trip computer 10 speaker stereo. The 4 door jumps in price to around 20,000 dollars. The Honda dealership wanted around 20,000 out the door for an lx Civic coupe. Rabbit was 18.
Favorite Features
great power for an "economy" car. 170 hp and 177 torque. i own the 5 speed manual. zippy around town. in town i avg 23-24 mpg. remember i am more a performance oriented driver. keep that in mind with what i've posted for fuel economy. i don't save engine power for a rainy day. i use it.
Suggested Improvements
The fuel economy on the highway on cruise is about 27-28 at 60-63 mph. at 70 your around 26 and above 70 you looking at 24-25 mpg. VW if you read this please add bluetooth as an option to your cars. Had it in my Audi and loved it.